• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge vs. chevy v8 swap...

atowley

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, would you do a dodge 318 swap into an XJ, or a chevy 305/350 if you had the choice. I'm getting a hell of a deal on a 318/tranny combo this weekend. Does Advanced adapters sell motor mounts for 318's?

ZJ parts might work with some modification, since both the 318(5.2) and the 4.0 were offered in that. The tranny might even bolt right up to your existing T-case. This all just supposition, however, so don't take my word for it. Now that I think about it, I think it has been done before...

Now that's interesting. I'm going to have to do some checking up on that. Wouldn't that make life easier though... :shocked:

the ZJs used chrysler trans behind the 318, not an AW4.

The trans used in a zj is also unique to them since the starter bolts to the belhousing on the passneger side. A 318 usually has the starter on the drivers side mounted to the engine block. This creates clearance problems for the front driveshaft.

The plus of the chevy would be the passengers side starter already, even though I am not a fan of chevy smallblocks.

Back