• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disc Brakes in... Need a proportioning valve.

So, do you have to drain the MC before removing the cap/spring or can it be done while it's still full? Does the fluid pour out or just dribble?

So, do you have to drain the MC before removing the cap/spring or can it be done while it's still full? Does the fluid pour out or just dribble?

The last time I did it, I did not drain the master and put a cup under the prop valve to let the fluid run into.. I will dribble out at a good rate.. Obviously rebleed the system after the swap..

The last time I did it, I did not drain the master and put a cup under the prop valve to let the fluid run into.. I will dribble out at a good rate.. Obviously rebleed the system after the swap..

Just when you thought the thread was dead.....

Scott you da man. Quite a difference under hard braking! With the new spring the 35's only lock up just before the XJ stops. Its great.
I think some nice high friction pads / rotors in the front would help a lot also but I am happy with the disc swap so far. Seat of the pants estimate is probably 25% more braking power. The big difference is the panic stopping. It actually stops now.

Down with Blazair and his negativity.

Lameness still doesn't begin to describe this Kirk guy. What a loser.

X2. Seat of the pants, 25%, whatever! "Beam me up Scotty!" "Set your phasers on stun."

ok random thought on this... would it be possible to trim the xj spring to get the same spring rate as the zj one? or is the zj one actually have a higher/same spring rate as the xj one but just shorter... i just did this swap, and am having a heck of a time tracking down a prop. valve so i'm looking for other options besides taking the oring out

G

The ZJ spring is thicker wire, and quite a bit stiffer, I doubt it. Pick A Part or Ecology, 2 3/4" wrenches, and a rag to wipe it off.

Back