• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proportioning valve issue

the_mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I am having an issue with my proportioning valve. I have searched and had no luck finding any mention of this anywhere. I recently added rear discs to my XJ and did the 'ZJ guts' swap. Everything was fine and dandy until I went to start bleeding the brakes. As soon as I stepped on the pedal to 'fill' my new calipers, the rubber cap on the end popped off and brake fluid came shooting out of the cap in the end. When I attempt to bleed the brakes using a vacuum bleeder, I get almost nothing out of all four corner.

Any ideas?

The rubber cap came off of the nipple at the front of the proportioning valve, which is where brake fluid is now coming out of whenever I step on the pedal.

I thought I had my old pieces but can't find them. Went to the JY today for a few other things and pulled apart a few other PV's and they are all the same. I even grabbed a new set of ZJ guts and have the same problem...I am stumped.

Back