• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

different seats

Nebraska77

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to possilbly put some different seats in my 99 XJ sport.
I'm 6'5" and have little lead room in my rig.
Can anyone suggest anything?

Nebraska77 said:
I'm looking to possilbly put some different seats in my 99 XJ sport.
I'm 6'5" and have little lead room in my rig.
Can anyone suggest anything?

Mastercraft is making brackets now for XJ's so thier seats can be used. I've read a lot of articles saying how good they are:

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...HEROKEE&FNM=13&PAGLEN=10&UID=2004022409241844
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...&UREQCA=3&UREQD=4&FNM=13&UID=2004022409241844

You'd have to contact Mastercraft and ask about approx height on them though.

I would make your own. When I bought my Corbeu ( how do you spell that?) I got their brackets. They raised the seat 1-2'' and were not all that good. If you don't want a sliding seat you can rip out the factory slider and bolt the seats to the floor, or on a smaller bracket. Did that make sence?

Get a 2 door. I'm 6'6 and I don't even have my seats all the way back in my 1985.

red91inWA said:
after watching Police Acadamy, I'm thinking GO HIGHTOWER on it and just yank it out and sit in the back !! :laugh2:

Good 1 :roflmao: That scene/movie is a classic. He just ripped those seats out and sat in the back. He still looked crowded even in the back.

Mastercrafts are great. The brackets that they have mount to the sliders on your stock seats. The height is no problem. I am 6'2" and actually sit lower in the Mastercrafts than the stockers. I went with the Rubicons with adjustable lumbar support.

I believe there is somebody out there that makes brackets that move the seats back, can't remember who exactly, but ebay, I think they were like $40 for a set, did one side. Probably if you have some enigneering or machining back ground, you could make your own, thats what I am going to do, eventually, when I get some free time.

Back