• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff cover that will out survive the XJ..

Gravel Maker said:
Thanks for the support guys, as soon as we can get to work on the XJ & MJ we have we will start advertising over here......We have 160 different parts for any vehicle but we need to develop more XJ specific parts.

You know I am surprised you dont have (or yet at least) a TJ/XJ front bracket kit avail. Seems like once tooled it would more then pay for itself?

I will say that Dan is a great guy, ordered some spring plates for a rush project and they arrived VERY promptly, they are almost too beefy, meaning, they make my lower spring pads look like they are made of cardboard, might have to upgrade those and get 5/8" ubolts

Gravel Maker said:
It's one of the things we do need to make.
Dan Fredrickson
RuffStuff Specialties

Can I throw out a few more ider's..

Axle side raised track bar mount.
Frame side Track bar bracket.
unibody steering box area reinforcment plates that are drilled for plug welding through-out. And while your at it, have a stage 2 say, that offers unibody plate system from the trackbar mount back to the lower control arm mounting area. Again drilled for plug welding every few inches in all directions.

I am sure I could come up with lots more given time... :)

I have one for my dana 60 hd. Very nice. I think mine was like 80 bucks.

Gravel Maker said:
It's one of the things we do need to make.

Dan Fredrickson
RuffStuff Specialties
If you made that and it was a bit less then the RE version, you would make a lot of money. Especailly if you could peice it together and get what you want, and leave other parts out that you dont want.

ROBERTK said:
Selling my Rusty's Dana 30 cover protector / skid plate, if anyones interested. Never hit anything yet. 25$ plus shipping...

shocking!

really!

:eyes: :D

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
Can I throw out a few more ider's..

JKS - Axle side raised track bar mount.
Rubicon Express - Frame side Track bar bracket.
JKS/ORGS SBS - unibody steering box area reinforcment plates that are drilled for plug welding through-out. And while your at it, have a stage 2 say, that offers unibody plate system from the trackbar mount back to the lower control arm mounting area. Again drilled for plug welding every few inches in all directions.

Thoes sure are some good ideas... I think I know where you can find some pieces to reverse engineer... :D :D

ROBERTK said:
I am sure I could come up with lots more given time... :)

I am sure I could come up with lots more given a 4 Wheel Parts Catalog! :D :D

Welds aren't as good?
DSCF0005.jpg

This is the blue Torch one:

FileHandler.ashx

I disagree. The blue torch beads look a lot better. The other one looks like it was a little too hot but what do I know :dunno: Regardless, neither of them are going to break.

The blue torch fab is 1/4" plate on the cover and 3/8 on the ring and they PROMISED me I wouldn't break it and if I did they would give me a new one.

cracker said:
Welds aren't as good?
The blue torch fab is 1/4" plate on the cover and 3/8 on the ring and they PROMISED me I wouldn't break it and if I did they would give me a new one.
yes, but did they pinkie swear? lol

The D30 cover on the Ruff Stuff Specialties site aht has the 1/2" ring is a kit only, apparently for buyer welding... Did you purchase yours already welded-up??

Thanks.

XJ_ranger said:
shocking!

really!

:eyes: :D

Dont be hate'n cause I drive better then you.

cracker said:
Welds aren't as good?

This is the blue Torch one:

I disagree. The blue torch beads look a lot better. The other one looks like it was a little too hot but what do I know :dunno: Regardless, neither of them are going to break.

Dude I can see more then just a poke there. Unless you really dont read very well?

Maybe reread the past few post.. You will see that no one said that the BTF was not welded prettier. In fact I even agreed.. :bs:

XJ_ranger said:
Thoes sure are some good ideas... I think I know where you can find some pieces to reverse engineer... :D :D
Yeah but just like Currie and lots of others. This is america and free enterprise is great. And it usually drives prices to be more Fair or competitive.

40$ for a track bar mount! Thats BS.... Its like 3$ of material...

That's all weenie sh!t.

I'm not going to get one strong enough until someone makes one out of 1" thick plate unobtanium.

Back