• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Cherokee Developments - I need some input!

Is this project dead?

Before you buy these parts, check with the EPA that you can actually use them in the US. I suspect, they will say no. However, for the same model years of the diesel Liberty (KJ) made for North America, the European diesel engine is the same and there is an EPA certificate that will permit you to import and use them. I think it's 2005 to 2006 MY.

Here many of XJ came with the 2.5TD. All I have heard are bad things. It was developed for boats and works fine as taxi engine in England or in some cars, but not was designed for off-road in mind. Besides PITA gets parts. The main reason I bought an XJ 4.0 is that are lot of parts and aftermarket to replace wathever I need to. Besides all it's already inventend. I can keep pretty standard or convert in a Jeepseed that can put in problems vehicles that cost many times more. Just my opinion.

Even better-Duramax 6.6? I work on them almost every day-GM Medium Duty dealer tech here-anyways they come usually behind an alllison auto-BUT -the G van or Savanna van has one with an L480E trans--which could be made to go on an NV4500............I just happen to know them inside and out.VERY torqey motors I must say!!!
Lots of cash required though to do.............:gonnablow If I only had a sponser..............

Also very Heavy!

I think you all are missing the point of the PO. ECONOMY and torque power not to mention biofuel capabillity, ei; used oil, vegetable oil, corn oil and others! I'd be very interested in this also hopefully this will breath in new life! To the thread that is!

Last edited:
Back