• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did Avery make the Back Door Shoot Out?

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
As the title says. Anyone know? Did he apply?

John

Would it a backdoor shootout if he wasn't part of it?

And yes he made it and he's ready to rock and roll. :clap:

Any idea where he is in the starting order?

Its going to be a good night and a great week now.

John

I think he was 35th or 37th? He was pulling the names for starting order.

GOOD. I have to run out to Dulles airport and pick up wife at 0900 eastern.

John

Avery just ran. Had a bit of a problem in the very first part of the course.
Time: 52.229 seconds, so not in the thick of it. But, clean line up the main waterfall. But, he made it all the way up.

Time of the live broadcast - 2:08:29 - 2:10:10.

David Bricker / SYR

looked to me like the right rear tire got unseated after the last waterfall.

I saw that too. Thought it was just me.

David Bricker / SYR

CRAP. I got her back from the airport 2 minutes after his run.

At least there is Sidewaysstarion's video....

John

You see the big, bad rock bouncer a couple after Avery? Broke 2 rear axles, then tired going up backwards, busted a third axle. Now stuck on the course. This was the same guy that broke in half last year.

Nice to see our Avery making it through, and some of the really big money rigs not.

David Bricker / SYR

Mark, can you capture a larger segment of Avery's? His whole run? Noah's phone won't let him go back on the KOH feed to replay it.

David Bricker / SYR

You see the big, bad rock bouncer a couple after Avery? Broke 2 rear axles, then tired going up backwards, busted a third axle. Now stuck on the course. This was the same guy that broke in half last year.

Nice to see our Avery making it through, and some of the really big money rigs not.

David Bricker / SYR

That was when I got back to the computer. There are a couple of them in the VA/PA area. Darn frightening to anywhere near when they cut loose. Fortunately its not too often.

John

Yes, perfect - thank you. Will send the link to Noah.

David Bricker / SYR

Back