• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plating on XJs??

BIG98XJ said:
Anybody with black diamond plating?? I think that would match nicely with my rims, and rockers

You can't tell in the pics of my rig (yellow one posted by Jes above), but the black stripe down the side, at the bottom, is diamond plate painted black. It's very easy to touch up with a spray can to keep it looking good. It's probably been touched up/painted at least a dozen times.

If you're going to put diamond plate down the bottom of the doors, have them break it over the break in the sheet metal, that way it will be MUCH stronger. I didn't do that, and I've caved my doors in numerous times (it's caved in now), bending the diamond plate with the door. The diamond plate does go back to it's shape easily, making it easier to push the door back out. :D

Here are some I manufacture through my company
fbd18f3f.jpg

fbd16dcb.jpg

fbd16e6a.jpg

picture.JPG

The diamond plate does go back to it's shape easily, making it easier to push the door back out.
This picture is of me on sledgehammer...(Thanks goatman for pushing me off the rock) , the light and rear hatch where toast but the rear quarter was and easy pop out once I took of the plate and staightened it.....the doors I caved in @ least 10 times with no permenamt problems...the bend for the doors is 10* total height is 5.25" and the lower bend is 1"..this will work for the laredo trim set...if you got a laredo take off teh trim and use it for a template

xjnation said:
picture.JPG

This picture is of me on sledgehammer...(Thanks goatman for pushing me off the rock) , the light and rear hatch where toast but the rear quarter was and easy pop out once I took of the plate and staightened it.....the doors I caved in @ least 10 times with no permenamt problems...the bend for the doors is 10* total height is 5.25" and the lower bend is 1"..this will work for the laredo trim set...if you got a laredo take off teh trim and use it for a template
we remember you doing the body work later at camp :rolleyes:

yes but it was an easy fix........no major dents just a nice smooth bend...high lift in the light hole.....straighten out the alum panel with a hammer and she was good as new.....except for the two part hatch and the 400 part light!....the alum keep sthe damage to a minimum...and stops tears and gouges from happening....tis not an answer all....nothing is...I seem to remember a few guys with major damage from that rock!

Re: Diamond Plate

Jon in Ely said:
I purchased the full set from XJNATION. I have been very pleased with the price, ease of installation, and looks. Per instructions, I treated them with vinegar and then used a flat grey primer for color (I didn't want shiney ones for my rig). They look great. And I field tested them last month against a mountain mahogany branch: XJ 1, tree 0.

Are they still in business? I emailed them some questions about whether their skid plate would work on my XJ and some other stuff and no one has answered me back yet.... Don't want to send them money if they aren't there anymore.
Thanks,
Mike B.

Im still here....I get hundreds of emails each day....sometimes I delete one without noticing it...sorry if I did that to you. Pm me and I will see it I can help

Back