• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DetoursUSA

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, DHL did a similiar job to a bumper about 3 years ago....we then added the bracing for shipping reasons and this type of thing has'nt happened since.......until now.
Someone's neglect, is a bad deal for all parties involved.....Somehow we're very lucky by attracting excellent customers, Tony is one of them and is taking this situation very well, we hope to resolve this in the timeliest manor possible. I'll tell ya what, UPS must be literally stuffing their trailers to the max and then some, although as stated....there must of been heavy equipment involved to inflict so much damage.

CABXJ, thats some pretty nice work you did with your carrier!

Thanks again for the kind words from everyone here, I need to get back to the grind!

FitchVA said:
when i pasted the link to the picture in my browser, it asks me for my windows live login info. looks like they're private from the general public

That makes sense, I pasted it from a Hotmail attachment in my inbox. Let's try this again...

6454.jpg

I see it I see it. Wow something got bent!

Which bumper did you get? I'm getting the rough cut. Mark said it was thicker than the others. I'm hoping it's as thick as UPS.

Mudderoy said:
I see it I see it. Wow something got bent!

Which bumper did you get? I'm getting the rough cut. Mark said it was thicker than the others. I'm hoping it's as thick as UPS.

That's funny, I can still see my first picture but the second one is the dreaded red "X", at least here at work anyways.

I started out wanting the Smoothie as I was going to paint it to match my Classic and keep things looking "factory". After thinking it over for a few days I changed my order to the Edge Cut. Slightly thicker at the corners and should hide the scrapes a little better. It will be painted satin black, but I still wanted the smooth rear for more of a clean look. I felt too much diamond plate would start giving giving my Jeep the "beater trail rig" look that I'm trying to avoid. To each their own though. Kinda' like Burger King, detoursusa will let you have it your way.

WheelinJR said:
That's why you should always try to be present when packages are delivered, so you can refuse them!

Darn 24 hour shifts... :doh:

I'll have to get tracking info from Mark next time so I can make sure it's coming on a day that I'm at home.

fyrfytr1717 said:
That's funny, I can still see my first picture but the second one is the dreaded red "X", at least here at work anyways.

I started out wanting the Smoothie as I was going to paint it to match my Classic and keep things looking "factory". After thinking it over for a few days I changed my order to the Edge Cut. Slightly thicker at the corners and should hide the scrapes a little better. It will be painted satin black, but I still wanted the smooth rear for more of a clean look. I felt too much diamond plate would start giving giving my Jeep the "beater trail rig" look that I'm trying to avoid. To each their own though. Kinda' like Burger King, detoursusa will let you have it your way.

I'm also going to paint mine to match the rest of the Jeep. It will be black at first, because I have to get the bushwackers, and a front bumper. When I have all 3 then they'll get the flame red (actual color is poppy) paint.

...anyone know if Mark makes those diamond-plate rear quarter panel guards that you can see in the one pic?

xjbumper-closeup.jpg

JNickel101 said:
...anyone know if Mark makes those diamond-plate rear quarter panel guards that you can see in the one pic?

xjbumper-closeup.jpg

It's on his custom fabrication page...

http://detoursusa.com/custom.php

I suspect that it wouldn't be a problem getting some, at least I hope so because I'm eyeballing them too! lol

He can make just about anything. He also custom made the quarter panels in this picture. You just have to call him and let him know what you want.

xjbm_smooth02_lrg.jpg

Just placed my order with Mark for a Slimline w/tire carrier. He was very helpful in the whole process.

Woow......back up, I did not provide the quarter protection on the red XJ, those were had somewhere else, we only do D plate when we fab ours, but thanks for the prop's...

Detour said:
Woow......back up, I did not provide the quarter protection on the red XJ, those were had somewhere else, we only do D plate when we fab ours, but thanks for the prop's...

Oops, sorry Mark. I must have misunderstood you. I thought during our conversation you said you custom made them at that guy's request despite not being a big fan of the lighting setup. My bad.

So, I retract my earlier statement, Mark did not make the quarter panel guards for the red XJ pictured above!

(but he could if he so desired and would probably make them even better...) :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

This fool that is buying my mustang needs to get back to me and come pick it up. I'll be ordering a slimline with carrier as soon as I get the cash :D Guess I'd have to buy a spare as well lol.

Any news on the tailbone? I'm in for one...

Thanks,
fiz

I think about the TailBone everyday.......we only have a few more bumpers to catch up on that have been delayed from our latest and 'last' move........the last 12 months have been pretty crazy for us, so I absolutely, positively will be finalizing the TailBones details within the next couple weeks.
Meanwhile, our custom front bumper has been requested so often lately, we're developing a web page for it and will be offering it as a regular product as well. (can be seen on customers page)
On top of that, we're exploring bumper systems for J10's also....most likely for '09.

Thats the latest update on Detours, it's Sunday.....and I'm off to the shop! (it's a short walk now...lol)

Last edited:
I absolutely, positively will be finalizing the TailBones details within the next couple weeks.

Great! Thanks for the update.

Back