• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours USA BackBone system?

FitchVA said:
i think he's doing this on his own...kinda like a volunteer...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75872

Good intentions, BAD idea.

Leave that type of work to people who have the training, backing, and insurance of the local, state, or federal government. There could be serious legal implications if you were to interfere or make an injured peron worse because of your lack of training and/or PERMISSION to be doing S&R.

I've met the El Dorado County Sheriffs while they were in their XJ patroling the Rubicon. They're actually sheriffs - not a group of guys who thought it would be cool to give out DUI's and carry guns.

I don't see why you couldn't hi-lift off the shackles??

Anyways, I got a Detours bumper and rails for my MJ and his quality and attention to detail in general is awesome and the back bone design is very stealthy for how much beef it brings.

:sunshine:

I thought it'd be fun to dig up the oldest thread I could find on this subject for a simple question.

I checked out the Detours site and it doesn't list the answer to my question.

I just installed a used Backbone, the newer one, and I have several 3/4 Clevis' laying around that I intended putting on. I tryed to put them on and the hole is just barely too small (The threads fit thru the hold but not the shank). The hole doesn't seemed to be deformed in anyway. Do these things use a 5/8s clevis? Seems strange that they'd use that size.

If so I'll be making the hole bigger...

This 'is' an old thread, I had to do a double take........

Yes, it is infact designed to accept a 5/8" d-ring......they're typically rated a 4.5 ton depending on brand/quality.
3/4" d-rings remind me of truck nutz..........

3/4" d-rings remind me of truck nutz..........

Why, a little overkill never hurt anything. I would personally want a stronger D-ring when i have to hook Ghost's gigantic rig to my bumper to get him out of Lion's den! :D

Why, a little overkill never hurt anything. I would personally want a stronger D-ring when i have to hook Ghost's gigantic rig to my bumper to get him out of Lion's den! :D

Is it possible that they designed the set-up to only accept a 5/8" D-ring because the system won't hold up to a 3/4" D-ring?

Is it possible that they designed the set-up to only accept a 5/8" D-ring because the system won't hold up to a 3/4" D-ring?

Yeah its very possible. I was just using that as an opportunity to mess with Ghost........

Back