• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denman Tire (Interco) on strike...

I believe that Denman and Interco are 2 separate companies. Interco contracts the manufacturing of their tires to Denman. Hopefully someone can clarify this.

--Matt

At least according to the article, that's not a strike. It would be a lockout.(when the company won't let the workers in the plant - opposite of a strike.) Sounds like they ran out of operating funds, and can't get financing.

I believe that Denman and Interco are 2 separate companies. Interco contracts the manufacturing of their tires to Denman. Hopefully someone can clarify this.

--Matt

Yeah you are right, Denman Tire makes the swampers for Interco. I hope they can figure it out too.

At least according to the article, that's not a strike. It would be a lockout.(when the company won't let the workers in the plant - opposite of a strike.) Sounds like they ran out of operating funds, and can't get financing.

Yeah thats what I thought, but our email said they are on strike. Either way its no good.

Correction. It is neither a strike, nor a lockout. This is not a labor dispute. In a labor dispute, work still needs to be done, but Labor decides not to do it. A lockout is an Ant-Union tool used by Management to break a Unions influence on the Labor.

According to the OP's article, this is not a labor dispute, but a plant shutdown. There is no work to be done because they can't afford the costs of the raw materials, so the owners have sent the workers home. In other words, they are are out of business until they can raise capitol to buy material, run the plant, and pay wages.

Ron

Correction. It is neither a strike, nor a lockout,... ...,In other words, they are are out of business until they can raise capitol to buy material, run the plant, and pay wages.

Ron
Much better. I stand corrected.

sure proud of my last (and probably next) tire buy!

A quote from a user on another forum.

"Not into 4 wheeling, but read some post and thought I would reply. I work, or did until a couple weeks ago, at Denman Tire. Not on strike, not officially a lockout, just no money. If we dont find a new buyer soon, we will shut down. Yes we made a lot of interco, and all ground hawgs, and most if not all pitbulls. I know we didnt make the thornbirds. Warehouse is about empty. Interco not in trouble, already talking about pulling their molds to make somewhere else. Not sure if this helps any but thats about all I know."

From what I understand they are on a complete strike, and tires are on atleast a 2 month back order, I just put a set of 36x12.50x15 tsl's on hold with Summit until I get off work and can get my credit card information, apparently its the last set of the 36s they have until after the strike on the east coast. Pretty insane. Even Galloways doesn't have them in stock. So depending what I find at the local places today, I suppose Im buying from Summit... Not a bad price either, $890 shipped to my door.

From what I understand they are on a complete strike, and tires are on atleast a 2 month back order, I just put a set of 36x12.50x15 tsl's on hold with Summit until I get off work and can get my credit card information, apparently its the last set of the 36s they have until after the strike on the east coast. Pretty insane. Even Galloways doesn't have them in stock. So depending what I find at the local places today, I suppose Im buying from Summit... Not a bad price either, $890 shipped to my door.

did you read the above posts? do you have evidence/sources stating strike vs plant shutdown?

Update: I heard a rumor on the trail that Interco had gone out of business. So I emailed them. This is what they said...

Here is the story. A factory in Ohio by the name of Denman Tire Corporation has shut down and Denman was a major supplier of some of our tires. Denman also manufactured other tires of various brands that will also be affected. We anticipated something like this could happen someday so we diversify our production. It takes time to move equipment out of one factory to another but we have already started the process. We will experience shortages of some sizes and types but this will be temporary.

This factory has been caught up in the difficult economic situation the country is experiencing but everything at Interco is OK.

I sincerely appreciate your inquiry and welcome any future inquiries so we can keep the record straight. Since this news broke we have been humbled by the hundreds of phone calls and emails we have received from very concerned off-roaders and dealers.

KATIE LECKELT[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
INTERCO TIRE CORPORATION[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
2412 ABBEVILLE HWY[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
RAYNE[FONT=&quot], LA 70578[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
WWW.INTERCOTIRE.COM

glad to hear that Interco will live on through another plant.

i hope this isn't the end off affordable aggrssively designed tires.

Back