• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Wobble with just minor lift?

It happened again last night. This time while driving slow and gentle. Same bridge, same turn, same bump, same death wobble. Only this time the wife and kids were in the truck!

Heading over to pick up a Rancho stabilizer, and have already ordered replacemtn Upper Control arms. Going to order the lower control arms mentioned above, or I may just upgrade to 3" of lift because it is only a little more money and they come with a track bar mount, lower control arms, and hey.....3" is better than 1.5".

Is replacing the entire upper control arm easier than just the bushings? From what I see, on here, it is. I mentioned this in another post for those who are doing searches on Upper Control arms in the future.

Oh, and upon inspection.....everything was snug, but I now see wet dirt/crude around all the ball joints associated with the drag link, and tie rod. And, the pinion seal has spung s fresh leak or at least wetness on the housing (right where the front drive shaft goes into the pinon housing).

Back