• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60's NEW

Okay finally the dinero is getting closer to being finalized.

Question this time is do I go with the stock tranny AX-15 or go to a heavy duty tranny. I wand to keep to a 5 speed manual maybe even in a 6 speed. I dont know much about trannys yet. Heard that a TH400 would be a good pick but come to find out its only a 3 speed. And since this will still be a street rig I would like to be able to do 65-70 without a problem.

Plenty of people wheel D60s with AX-15s. Once you add in a deeper transfer case/axle gears, you're taking the load off the trans anyway.

I'd do a 231/300 doubler behind your AX-15 and call it good.

Okay BIG BIG BIG ASS changes being made in the plan now (All thanks to my work). So the dinero that was originaly going to be funding this project was dramaticly cut short. Any how plan now is to build up my own set of axles. This way I can part them topgether over a course of a year and a half and I should be able to still get a good discount on all the items. Luckily for the lift kit I was originaly planning on getting I actualy won a 25% Off coupon from the last event I went to. So now I save on everything but the vehicle, everything else I'll be getting any were from cost to 30% off.

I've seen a list some were, on this never ending internet, of what Dana 60's are good ones to be looking for. i.e Year **** Ford, Dodge, Chevy. I would like to get a HP D60 for the front for sure and if at all possible for the rear as well. I've got a local axle shop that stocks a VERY VERY VERY large range of axles and are decently priced, I'm sure if I have them gut them they will cut the prices even more.

Back