• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60 front and rear bolt ins

i feel like its been asked a few times and not answered... why do you not want to build axles? its your money, so any reason is fine. but myself and others are curious. if you can handle stiffeners, axles arent far off your radar.

i feel like its been asked a few times and not answered... why do you not want to build axles? its your money, so any reason is fine. but myself and others are curious. if you can handle stiffeners, axles arent far off your radar.

^This^ and the Clayton coil convertion ain't bolt on either

For 37s the JK 44s would be a pretty sweet way to go, especially with RCVs in the front and 35 spline cromos out back. I've seen this setup work quite well and one guy at the shop has them on his JK. This setup is also becoming more common as I have been building more and more of them lately (I build axles for ECGS)

I understand the Clayton kit is not bolt on. I am fully comfortable welding, I am just terrified of axles for some reason. Just being honest. Gears and setting them up and everything else that it entails just stresses me out. I know I should attempt it but the thought of perfectly built axles that I can slap right in, just simplifies things for me.

So after looking today I found a good deal on a Ford 9" rear from RWK Haus. How well would a Prorock 44 front and Currie 9" rear hold up to 37's and wheeling. I am not a fan of mud, and it will be used primarily as an expedition/backcountry camping rig. I also plan on adding a Clayton coil spring conversion lift and a 4.6L stroker. I am doing frame stiffeners this weekend. Thanks again for all the advice.

IMO that axle combo should hold up well with 37's. Even with a stroker you won't have that much power or weight on it. I would guess that a pro rock 44 would have all new parts, instead of working on a 30 year old housing, knuckles etc, that you don't know the history of and may be pretty fatigued.

I am a big fan of the Clayton stuff, it is pricey but well built. They answer their phone when you call too. I put in the whole 3 link/ rear coil kit and I was surprised how easy it went in.

I welded the clayton front control arm brackets to my frame stiffeners before installing my stiffeners. After welding the clayton rear braket to the uni-body I made some gussets to weld the clayton rear cross member into the frame stiffeners.

It sounds like your end goal is about where I am at, I just finished my stroker, but I have a front d60, rear 14 bolt, clayton lift, 37's. My rig is the heaviest xj on the planet, still have A/C and cruise control too.

kUuWQ3CfWC3CnmEEgzg8Oeni0B3Y_I4fNGTSyjAFNnY3tfYUNFANndz-46njLEg2oH7yUsmbKTfP20zM8LihHs2gfs678UyeUalOCnzDB3JEgLv6z5310PLt7S8TecauqY6V5CBdx6N200ACazK3sujcvvUaIqwuJBUwsN526zLEYvvmYMF7RdTDsItObeeIMBfZ7RUPWMV9GqvA8ON2CHwSudKMZC8ZRW9mh9_1gjCF0SAqUOzm5SL8pqlGNYOoZT3ZcqLxAqjG3ZwohXyc5MK1hmehr4AMJGKB7IwU9r9DR0ejpjH2ceRa63OfZSu4OdUqGSkR4XsxwzpSsJ9AiS24U8CM6n02mfbGPI1QwwmMLKwh3JRKWHgb9EBrQKu9C3XQjnyBBl2HWmKBAD4WE06hvSXHLyc0n2Bdtd3bY8cRITXcA64hSEhaZic6spdDcp_3nZNBkWEBSzPRa2Y53xyosZY4jNdp8NcW9KThccHKPgidr1ZPsjCUYzTdLeglkSKvEz_p5vOA25O6O2_oC9F780HrmYSiz7UlnJV4mZDje86iniootno0Dd7FnMhVcOeo=w640-h480-no

rear cross member gusset
JdfnPJpzPFqFdB2M3mo3d9bX99ZNIJhxVj6l8CsT13iHICdk_s5DbTpKm0X3dqgu9GAyEBiq4VdWcJCd6wD_CSRArvN38I2OBtjD8n4TaSpHoB4p2VWli5iBgt_k0uoI_mBbO84-OHdFKrQ9nHBay7sppvFIn26rEeLEWmExvY8CAmps6o4JdhJsh9Amrd7p-DY1vSrSmd0ITTKHeeCHjoPlyOKMlUOAhhjeRzN1yu8C9XiQ6s2fpbhWbyN3Nv-Yvh0dO-C-3B2lLrc-ilmh76cosIYra_-W6fjtHQwuIVjkhLWXYoKCiet6BPGvtCV0DCHCyxlF0dry1BxMMVFfajRxDt3w8tMymyb3k0tYseagN0fCCF3m4EiqpUg9iBjRd9uWN_Ri9hH2m4iW_7stsntBT6RYpshOrtZiPrxCegLEzpaZXHN5ezkPG6gfRhBiSON71oE9IemTk2uVcAoNqVB59JVGXbOvkEhlRzafoVGj_790mvtVzBicYnXd-SDiXdCjL_PLw8W0VZ4o-_dMAmtBpz5ytyig8e8PFkXWItz8QUdELYK5wlOPECIksOTtgae1=w640-h480-no

Nathan
build thread
https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?83436-Nathan-and-Tanja-s-99-XJ-Build-up

Last edited:
Thanks Nathan. I cannot wait to read through your build thread. I made up my mind earlier. It's going to be a Dana 60 front and 14b in the rear.

Back