• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 spool or lincoln locker?

The mini would be my choice, since it's a reversible mod. OTOH if you plan to upgear later and this is a sacrificial (3.07-3.73) diff case, and you can get it welded easily enough, that works too.

By going with the mini, you can either reuse it in another 44 diff case if you upgear, or sell it if you dont like it or need it anymore.

Go lincoln locker or go home. But have someone that is a good welder do it.
DIG IT!

woody said:
The mini would be my choice, since it's a reversible mod. OTOH if you plan to upgear later and this is a sacrificial (3.07-3.73) diff case, and you can get it welded easily enough, that works too.

By going with the mini, you can either reuse it in another 44 diff case if you upgear, or sell it if you dont like it or need it anymore.

you dont have to weld the spiders to the case you could just weld the valleys. Thats what I did.

If you want it done fast weld it. If you have time and want to pull the axles mini spool it.

Brad

Welded daily driver since July 4th '03.

i just put in some spider gears that have the valleys welded, i'll post back after the crawl and let you know how they did.

Revision of dead post . . . WAHOO! mini spool came by DHL today. Ordered through Rubicon 4x4 (took a while to make it here and sent to wrong address yesterday, but cleard up). It actually shipped via Randy's R&R . . . strange b/c Randy's was more expensive than RU4x4. Will post on reactions and differences after installation this weekend.

Back