• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 question

slaisebam30

NAXJA Forum User
I've found two D44's at a local yard. The first is under an 88 with the tow package which looks to have been thre for awhile, the other is under an xj that caught fire on the front end, this one was recently brought to the junkyard. They are asking 200 and 250 for them. The second one simply cause it's been geared out. If I pick up either axle, it will be gutted and built up when I return fro Iraq. Here i sthe question, is 200 or 250 a good price for a bolt in D44 even if it will be torn apart, or should I just give the guys at currie a call and save myself the headache.

slaisebam30 said:
I've found two D44's at a local yard. The first is under an 88 with the tow package which looks to have been thre for awhile, the other is under an xj that caught fire on the front end, this one was recently brought to the junkyard. They are asking 200 and 250 for them. The second one simply cause it's been geared out. If I pick up either axle, it will be gutted and built up when I return fro Iraq. Here i sthe question, is 200 or 250 a good price for a bolt in D44 even if it will be torn apart, or should I just give the guys at currie a call and save myself the headache.

Buy 'em both, and sell one for a hundred or so more. Currie is gonna run you a bit more then that.

91 Jeep Project said:
Buy 'em both, and sell one for a hundred or so more. Currie is gonna run you a bit more then that.

exactly. then with the money you save and make off that other D44 get some rear disk brakes...

Is the one that apart missing anything like gears, carrier, shafts. If so, I'd try to talk them down a little more, but you still should pick both of them up if you got the cash.

I think if I get one, I will get the second one from the burned xj. It's not wrecked like the other, maybe later on I'll pick up the other. Hopefully I will never decide to go highe rthan 35's. Which by the way I forgot to mention

96 Black 4 door Sport 5 inches of mixed lift 3" procomp add spacers
Drivetrain stock, 35" BFG muds on 15x8 Streetlocks w 3.75 backspace.
FUture mods: New driveshaft and SYE D44's front and back...

Holy damn! $450 for both? I just found a matching set of front and rear waggy 44s at a local yard. The guy wants $170 for BOTH full setups, nothing wrong. I'ma snatch those ASAP and sell them off. I could keep them, but there's too much money to be made. HA!

I know of a 78 waggy that runs for 4 hundred bucks....in Copperas Cove TX.
I been meaning to go pikc it up, but I would have to keep it in storage for a year. I am sure the axles outta that thing are worth at least what he's asking for the Jeep. Any one cares....its Bills mufflers in Copperas Cove Texas.....Near FT Hood.....

Sounds like a good price to me, I would get the complete one because you can see the wear patterns and tell if its tweaked at all as well. Plus I you could sell the guts on EBay after.

Its interesting how prices vary for axles, 170 for front and rear, thats a steal

Both axles are complete. The only difference is one appears to be bone stock and has been sitting a lot longer, and the other has lower gears in it ( I was told) and was recently brought to the yard.

if you can bolt in and use them that is a great deal. I bought a junker that was missing a shaft and a few brake parts. By the time I have it completely refurbished it I will be about 6-700 into it......

Back