• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 bang!!

when you spin one front wheel, should the other do anything?

If the front axle has a disconnect and it is disconnected, no. If no disconnect, yes, turn the opposite direction, unless there is a locker/limited slip.

I would have someone turn the wheel back and forth for you and look closely at the trac bar bracket to frame bolts, those being loose can cause a bang like that.

i just put on the RE HD trackbar and bracket, so i know thats not it, checked it a few days after to make sure it was all tight, i guess all i can to do is take it all apart, i wanted to narrow it down first, to the shaft, the hub, or the gears, or the t-case chain.

jmw1 said:
I would have someone turn the wheel back and forth for you and look closely at the trac bar bracket to frame bolts, those being loose can cause a bang like that.

well... i pulled the cover off, and crap!! the spyder gears are gone! 3 teeth are broke off, what can cause those gears to break?

Sometimes it takes alot of one tire fire with open diffs, then the gears weaken/wear due to the high rpms that they spin when only one tire is spinning. Not to mention what they have to go though when one tire spins then grabs and sends the power to the other wheel! All of the power goes through them lil things so they do have a hard life. I saw a buddy with a 302 CJ-5 trying to pull wheelies and exploded the spider gears. He couldn't even drive it home.

FUNKYTEE5

Back