• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 and 37"iroks will work

anybody else gonna take some swings at the emr pinata?
yes, im surprised he wasnt the one who started this thread, 37" iroks on a d30 sounds like something he'd try and run
I noticed on intercos website that the 36" irok measures to 36.8" tall, however the 37" irok measures 36.5" tall, wtf?

Holy sh!t thats funny...

glad we're not the only ones that do.

First XJ, my XJ was running a D30 with 4.56 gears with 36" iroks and stock shafts. 8.25 rear. Lock right front and welded rear.

The ring and pinion is the weak link in the d30.

The other xj, silverXJ's was on stock axles in the 3rd vid. On immpossible though he has a d44 up front that is very well built, cromos, detroit and i think 5.13 gears. He also has a stroker in that vid.

All in all the d30 can survive but it doesn't like constant assualts on hills like that. My ring gear started to crack because of that trip. Ran it for 1 more weekend and it was toast. Went through 2 gearsets, 2 u-joint, and one shaft in 2 years.

thats 2nd one is no d30. look at the size of it and width of it as well......

i noticed the axle width too but couldn't tell for sure.

the 2nd one said in the info it was a d30

I couldn't find that info, but then again I'm fairly dumb:dunce:.
But in the 2nd video at exactly 1:54 it sure looks like there's locking hubs sticking out of those wheels. Not impossible for a d30, but it's not a common upgrade. And it does look awfully wide.

Edit: nevermind, I'm too slow typing

Last edited:
EMR showing he' the king tardo know it all once again.

:looser:

Then he wont show up to defend himself, which is a good thing, cause he's wrong anyways.

:twak:

Him and the OP must be from the same inbreed family.

:D :D

i want 35s

Sure, it can be done as long as you baby it ALL the time. I did it for a while. It sucked. Let the clutch out against a rock... Bang there goes another shaft. good traction on both tires... Bang, there goes a ring gear. That 2nd xj looked like a 60 to me. If you only play in mud and sand, thats different

Sure, it can be done as long as you baby it ALL the time. I did it for a while. It sucked. Let the clutch out against a rock... Bang there goes another shaft. good traction on both tires... Bang, there goes a ring gear. That 2nd xj looked like a 60 to me. If you only play in mud and sand, thats different
i dont baby mine and i just leave my weak link in the shafts/joints.

but as for those videos. irocs bring the suck with mud and wont grab anything when its muddy(at least the souths mud)

this thread needs d30 carnage photos!

couple of busted d30 pics(jeep is welded frt rear stock gears, stock shafts, 35" krawlers
major ball joint failure!
n789059775_691679_9960.jpg

n789059775_691677_9220.jpg

beater008.jpg

beater009.jpg

beater010.jpg

beater011.jpg

Last edited:

Does anyone read? I gave the specs on the jeeps as they were in the vids.

The d30 is all about luck, i never babied mine. Also the Irok's do kinda suck in the mud. Notice the second vid, silverxj the hill was still sandy. The first vid, me it had been raining all night. It was a fun climb and even at 3psi in the tires there was no traction in the sand or clay.

you know...the more and more we all flame people and talk shit on everyone.the more this site reminds me of pirate. these are the reasons i dont use pirate anymore

Maybe your brain wasn't properly installed. I didn't realize you knew everything.

The gears were setup properly and well within spec. My guy even left the pattern on for me to check. He's done numerous other setups for countless people.

The combination of 4.88s (less contact between R&P) and the weak strength of the stock carrier allowed the gears to deflect and break under load. It was a toss up between the shafts (with full circle clips and 760s) or the gears.

Nope still think your gears suck.

The only reason anyone on here stands up and says how great a Dana 30 is, and how big of tires they can run. Is because thats what they have. I give it credit for what it is, but thats it. I have enough broke dana 30 parts to fill a small pick up. I have less money into my front 60 then most will spend on wheel bearings, brakes, broken parts and steering parts in the next few years. Don't you get tired of waiting for that clink every time the tire grabs traction?

i dont baby mine and i just leave my weak link in the shafts/joints.

but as for those videos. irocs bring the suck with mud and wont grab anything when its muddy(at least the souths mud)

this thread needs d30 carnage photos!

couple of busted d30 pics(jeep is welded frt rear stock gears, stock shafts, 35" krawlers
major ball joint failure!
n789059775_691679_9960.jpg

n789059775_691677_9220.jpg

beater008.jpg

beater009.jpg

beater010.jpg

beater011.jpg

Wow. I thought my rig was a piece of <poopie>.

Last edited:
LMAO :shocked:

Back