• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily Driver, 1999 Classic $3700

chance_p

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I am looking to sell my XJ. Located in Sioux City, IA. I'll get straight to the good stuff.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic
179XXX miles
aw4
30/8.25 open stock 3.55's
18 inch Sahara take offs with factory bridgestone duelers, 40-50% tread, spare is brand new
3.5 inch coils
iro double sheer tracbar (10k miles ago)
rc fixed lowers with brand new bushings
re 3.5 inch leafs
hnt/front ds
hella 500's on front bumper
Curt hitch (didnt have a hitch until 150k miles, ive hauled a small utility trailer two or three times to move furniture but mostly just a bike rack)
custom hitch mount rear tire carrier. pull hitch pin and tire swings to the side to access the cargo area
kenwood x896 head unit
lots of sound deadening (dynamat, phatmat)
mb quart pvl216 components up front
kenwood 1694ps in rear soundbar
soundstream 520 watt 4 channel amp mounted under passenger seat
4 gauge big 3 upgrade, 2/0 power wire/ground to amp (clean install)
power windows, locks
factory privacy glass
factory overhead console

onto the maintenance stuff...

fresh oil, always used 10/30 with napa gold filters
dist/plugs 30k ago
bosch fuel filter 3k ago
new tie rod ends and drag link 20k ago
new unit bearings up front 10k ago
complete new rear brakes 10k ago
axle shaft u joints 10k ago
muffler tail pipe 200 miles ago
drive shaft u joints 10k ago
front windshield 15k ago
new battery 5k ago

I'm sure there is more that I can't remember right now.

onto the bad...
side of drivers seat is cracked on the vinyl, otherwise interior is great
usually scratches of a 99
dent on drivers door below handle
right front axle might have a leak. not sure if its just residual fluid from when I changed the axle shaft u joints (a little leaked out)
going to need pads/rotors in the next 20k miles
could use new shocks, the ones on now arent worn out but they are cheapo monroes

The thing rides great for a lifted Jeep, and I get a lot of compliments on it where ever I go. I am only selling it to get a gas sipper until I can afford a new Grand Cherokee. I drive this thing on the highway A LOT (300 miles each way). I have only taken it on very easy trails a couple times to get to mountain bike trails. I have recently driven it to the black hills and back with no issues. This thing makes an awesome daily driver aside from the gas mileage. I average 21-22mpg on the highway at 65 mph.

I'll snap whatever pictures you guys want just let me know and I'll post them here.

For anyone interested, I currently have 2 audioque sdc2.5 15's in the back with a hifonics 2000.1d amp as well as a stinger spp680 battery. I built the box, tuned to 34hz, 8ft3 net volume. 3/4mdf with 1.5 inch baffle. I'll include all of this for an extra 500, or 700 if anyone wants it seperately.

Price is firm. Will trade for a civic couple 97+ auto + 1k on your end. No rusty or riced out modded junk. Just something clean and reliable.

964255_4966719124049_129587223_o.jpg

carrierdownrear.jpg

carrierrear.jpg

carrierside.jpg

Last edited:
Back