• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 w/4.56 price?

Rawbrown said:
Run from it. a HP D44 housing in a rear axle is spelling disaster.
first of your using a gearset that has its strengths designed for a front axle application. your gonna be running it in reverse. (thats why the currie hi9 is not recomended for more than 200hp or 4000# vehicles. it uses a revers 8.8 gearset.)
also you are going to have oiling issues running it back there. sorry but the guy doesn't know all of what he is talking about.
the outer pinion bearing will be overstressed in the rear axle and with the lack of oil that will make it up there it will fail early.
only the brakes, shafts and locker are worth anything.

:wstupid: not a good choice.

well thanks all for the great advice, I am going to pull out of the deal, you guys havn't led me wrong yet! There are no XJ D44s around my area and I am in need of one. If any of you guys know of one I have cash and would be willing to pay a finders/holding fee ontop of the axle price if I can be guaranteed one, it is a long drive to come up empty but I am willing to come down anytime. Does rawbrown do regearing/lockers? I would really like to get it all done at once, maybe even a light trussing, shock relocation. Please let me know if any of you guys can help me out, I will make it worthwhile, can deposit via paypal or however. thanks in advance
chris
805-680-0122

Talk to Remi / Ketjar, he pulls like 1 d44 a month from the yards and resells them to socalxj/naxja members for a good price. If you send him some cash up front to cover the purchase cost, he may be willing to pull one for you.

Rawbrown does do gears/lockers, so does clean-rc, and dan turner.. all do good work, at a good price, local.

-C

cal said:
Talk to Remi / Ketjar, he pulls like 1 d44 a month from the yards and resells them to socalxj/naxja members for a good price. If you send him some cash up front to cover the purchase cost, he may be willing to pull one for you.

Rawbrown does do gears/lockers, so does clean-rc, and dan turner.. all do good work, at a good price, local.

-C
thanks alot cal, just pmed him and hopefully I can spend the money I have allocated for this portion of my project.

I'm fresh out of used housings. there seems to be one pop up every so often at the yards but I am stuck in san diego for only a few short months before I move up to camarillo area... then I will have some time to go after the junkyard D44's.

Rawbrown said:
I'm fresh out of used housings. there seems to be one pop up every so often at the yards but I am stuck in san diego for only a few short months before I move up to camarillo area... then I will have some time to go after the junkyard D44's.
I am about 15 minutes north of Camarillo if you happen across one anywhere, would be greatly appreciated.

Back