• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 out of a rodeo

no, he means they are cast peices welded to the tube (the caliper brackets), alot like an inner c on a front axle...

edit: DJ beat me to it!

the zuzu 44 also has fewer gussets on the center section casting than the xj d44. not that this is a common point of failure, but it IS a difference.

jjvande said:
the zuzu 44 also has fewer gussets on the center section casting than the xj d44. not that this is a common point of failure, but it IS a difference.

I jsut went out and looked I have 3 waggy 44 axles and the comanche 44 here

all have the gussets in the exact same location BUT the zuzu gussets are thinner

Not to threadjack, but I just found a 93 Rodeo on the trail today, and it may be on my friends property. Its already been reported by her parents, and if it goes unclaimed I may be able to take the axle out of it. Should I look into it further? Is it worth it for me to take the D44 out of it for my 97XJ? How much would it cost me to put it under my XJ? Thanks

Back