• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut down door..... semi "half door".....

Randeezy868

NAXJA Forum User
Got tired of not being able to see out of my window so out came the cutoff wheel. Cut it down so that its comfortable to lean on while im looking out of it. Never really take it in the mudd and it stays in the garage so i dont really need to have a working window. I think it turned out pretty decent.

100_2831.jpg

100_2827.jpg

100_2828.jpg

looks clean, good job

I've been playing with that same idea for a second set of doors on my 2 door as the ones that are one it have some rust issues. And I need windows as it sits outside, the bike owns the garage.

I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine but Im bone yard and grabing some doors and doing i to them cuz they dont kake tube doors for my year yet

Nice job...can you take some interior pics? I've never seen doors like this in person and wonder what you guys do with the interior panels.

Either that's going to be your summer only rig or you're planning on wearing a parka during the winter.

Nice job though, would like to see the inside as well to see which way you went with it.

Thanks, yeah i dont go out TOO often in the winter, and when i do everyone i wheel with has buggys and open jeeps, so i cant complain about being cold. As long as im not getting rained on too much is fine with me.

As far as the interior is concerned. Both my window motors went up and Ive been running without the door panels. I rigged a way to make the windows go up and down, but for now it looks like a door with no door panel. I may be sheeting the entire inside to make it look a little cleaner, but its just my beater, so I try not to spend too much time on somethin Im going to beat up anyways.

I see Quadratec has some that don't look bad . I don't know if they are new or not but they are in the catalog that landed here a week or so ago . I think maybe for next Summer .

Back