• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cummins vs Bicyclists

I'll never understand the joy of hassling other people. If someone is out doing there thing riding a bike who gives someone the right to go give them a hard time? To me it is on the same level as vandalism, cowardly act of stupidity.

Stupid? Yes.

Dickhead move? Yes.

Funny? Yes.

However, I will say that as someone who has to live in a place full of prius driving, bicycle riding (down the MIDDLE of the street, not stopping for stop signs, etc.), liberal, granola douche bags, it's no wonder people wanna smoke the sh*t out of bicyclists out of frustration from all the other self righteous, "holier than thou" bike riding environmentalists. Just sayin.

Also it's interesting to note the violence, severity, and ignorance of the top comments on the video. "How miserable is your XXXXing life that you go out of your way to harm fellow americans who are simply going about their day? You are absolute scum." and "You are a XXXXing dumb ass. They are not "Bicycles" they are people. I hope you die of cancer." Wow.

It wasn't funny at all, just some guy being a dick and making diesels look bad.

I used to wonder why the state was cracking down on diesel emissions and related smog testing. And now, I don't wonder anymore.

I own a Cummins and think that smoking people out is retarded.

I've never once thought about installing a "smoke switch" (apparently pretty common) just so I can be a d-bag.

Grow up.

I own a Cummins and think that smoking people out is retarded.

I've never once thought about installing a "smoke switch" (apparently pretty common) just so I can be a d-bag.

Grow up.
Exactly! I also own a diesel truck and it's people like you and the video creator(s) that give us all a bad name. Wonder why there is opacity tests and harder restrictions in most states now? Hmmm... all it takes is a yuppy to see that and put things in place that only hurt the guys that have some common sense and ethics.

Also, driving with the tow mirrors out and nothing in tow? Really? :rolleyes:

It wasn't funny at all, just some guy being a dick and making diesels look bad.

What he said! Hey, lets dump a ton of fuel and not add more air...............idiots!

theres a video somewhere of a girl jogging and the kid in the truck asks her "do you smoke?" then he lays into it and smokes her out.

still a dickhead move, but i lol'd at that one.

this one isnt too funny

I've had coins thrown at me, cigarette butts thrown at me, cars come uncomfortably close, and obsceneties shouted at me just because I'm riding a bike. I'm no tree-hugger by any means, I just enjoy the outdoors.

Stuff like this pisses me off. If you wouldn't do it to your mother, don't do it to someone you don't know.

Stupid? Yes.

Dickhead move? Yes.

Funny? Yes.

However, I will say that as someone who has to live in a place full of prius driving, bicycle riding (down the MIDDLE of the street, not stopping for stop signs, etc.), liberal, granola douche bags, it's no wonder people wanna smoke the sh*t out of bicyclists out of frustration from all the other self righteous, "holier than thou" bike riding environmentalists. Just sayin.

Quoted for truth!

None of you would say this was funny if it was a video of a jeeper out on the trail being a jack ass. What's the difference? The Eco-nazis hate big diesel trucks as much as they do offroaders. Showing a video like this and laughing about it does just as much damage to our cause as a guy out in a buggy running over baby deer and trees.

Stupid? Yes.

Dickhead move? Yes.

Funny? Yes.

Also it's interesting to note the violence, severity, and ignorance of the top comments on the video. "How miserable is your XXXXing life that you go out of your way to harm fellow americans who are simply going about their day? You are absolute scum." and "You are a XXXXing dumb ass. They are not "Bicycles" they are people. I hope you die of cancer." Wow.

I am not telling anyone what they can find funny or not of course.

I don't look at someone on a bike and get all these hateful political motivated thoughts though. Can't someone just like riding a bike and not be all the above mentioned things? I also don't assume everyone on a bike is out to cause other people grief, some do certainly and I've had run-ins with them. It makes no sense to then target anyone on a bike though.

Would it be funny if your archnemesis(bicyclist) banded together and threw down spike strips and made youtube videos laughing at someones flat 33" tires?

Or look at the really dark side of that video. What if one of the people was blinded by the smoke and drifted into the lane and got hit? Who would be at fault?

This also brings up memories of the recent magazine cover that had everyone ready to boycott the magazine over, this is worse in my opinion.

Back