• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crossmember reinforcement/more clearance mod

1/2"x 13" x member with rubber tranny mount and a notch for t-case clearance (replaced with 1/8" thick plate). counter-sunk mounting bolts for the t-case and to mount to the frame rails. had this set-up for over a year now and works very well for me.
chill,
RonS

LOL, chilled. Let's see some flex pics.

OneTon, how thick is the material you used on that x-member? Looks pretty thick (5/16, 3/8?). If so, seems like overkill. If making one similar to yours (boxed), I'd think 3/16 would be thick enough, wouldn't it? Also, how wide (front to rear) is it?

Thanks,
Steve

I go overkill, but not that far. Top is 1/4", bottom is 3/16", and the sides and ends are 1/8". It's still probably a little too much, but I haven't been able to bend it, and my lower control arms are mounted to it.

The production ones will be 3/16" top and everything else 1/8". I'm gonna be putting 2 on test vehicles to see if they can take it.

That crossmember can take quite a beating. That's one place I wouldn't worry about a little overkill.

Back