• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crash! Hidden Long arm?

OK, I have to bail out my buddy CRASH and his long primised URF Racing long arm kit. He isn't like the other guy because he actually shows up for runs and has a rig that wheels.

Here he is in Princess II with the new long arm kit installed:
standard.jpg

Thankfully, he actually built a high clearance long arm (thanks to...advice....from yours truly):
standard.jpg

And he does drive it on the highway, here he is getting ready for the 10 hour trip home:
standard.jpg

Now about getting the product available, I have nothing to say about that. I hear that it's bolt on.......at least it uses bolts in the kit. :)

10 hrs?! Man, I drive my rig daily, but for hauls like that it rides on a trailer...

Anyways, where might one find more photos and/or info on man in question's "roof rack"?

Any more pics of the UCA mount at the frame end?

Also how does the crossmember tie into the frame rails?

AARON

the UCA mount is box tubing, what you can't see in the picture is he tied it into his internal cage on the top side of the mount. without that it would probably have too much leverage on it.

the frame-rails are sleeved and the crossmember doesn't hang below them at all, I forget exactly how it bolts up.

BrettM said:
the UCA mount is box tubing, what you can't see in the picture is he tied it into his internal cage on the top side of the mount. without that it would probably have too much leverage on it.

the frame-rails are sleeved and the crossmember doesn't hang below them at all, I forget exactly how it bolts up.

IIRC, The ends of his crossmember are capped and the caps have holes in them. There are nuts on the back of the holes and the bolts go straight through the framerail into the holes/nuts.
Billy

Based on the pics posted, it looks as though the stock header and down tube will not fit? Is that just the pic angle? Anyone have experience here? Will an all new custom down tube be required?
I am very curious to see how this comes out..... put me on the list.

Take a look here for more pics of URF stuff:

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={0641A5A9-DB40-46BE-9569-B61D5BC8B151}&albumid={B3D02FCC-E1FD-4BE3-B066-A64F50E00DDF}

That's one of Jes's photo albums. Jeff

Jeff is too smart, catching onto our top secret photo albums.

Billy's and Brett's descriptions are correct. As far as a header, it works on my pacesetter, and we also got it to work on Jes's OEM unit, both with minor to major surgery, depending on your welding skillz!.. It's tight of course, just like everything else. Less than 1/2" of clearance under full compression. But that seems like yards when the bigger challenge is sneaking 2.5" tubing into a 2.875" space between an NV4500, a crossmember, and the floorboard.

standard

standard

standard

See, it bolts on......

CRASH

Last edited:
How are you running your Exhaust? I can't see how the header and the down tube will fit?

Into the cab. It allows me to delete the heater core, thereby saving weight. It's only loud under full throttle......sometimes I get a headache.

CRASH

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Take a look here for more pics of URF stuff:

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={0641A5A9-DB40-46BE-9569-B61D5BC8B151}&albumid={B3D02FCC-E1FD-4BE3-B066-A64F50E00}

That's one of Jes's photo albums. Jeff

Damn you! :nono:

Will it be available in bronze powdercoating?

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Damn me? You've posted the link before. Secrets are for the WCGIC I guess. :rolleyes: Jeff

Jeff......he's teasing. :)

Back