• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy Mech. In middle East Needs Advice

My wife and I are chair force She almost became a member of the blown to bits force 3 months ago due to a mine.
We are not behind the desk.
Merry X mas to all:wave1:
:fuse: AMMO!!!!!!!!
IF YOU AINT AMMO!!!!!!!!!!! Fill in the blank if you know it

87manche, to answer some of your questions. The vehicle has both 12 and 24v. Its a 915. Basicly a Freightliner Truck. But 12 is what we are going for. Nothing wireless. Thier are places where we can snake the wires threw. The go lights are having all sorts of problems. Not just one common problem. They are not monted up side down. The model is 2020 or 2049. The 2049's where wireless but we had to modify them and take the wireless part out.

Rich P, to answer your question. No we can drill threw the roof and if we could. All the trucks have Roof Racks on them. So thats a prolem. I wish we could just stick a row of lights on them but upper management doesnt want that. I only got 3 stripes so i dont get to make any decisions.

GermanXJ. I wish we could do that. But the windows on the 915 arnt that big. Like all military Armoed Vechiles the windows are actully small so the spotlight woudnt work to well. Plus once the windows get wet with water and sand you can only see out the front where the wipers are. Which is barley nothing.

Lady Wolf. I am stuck on a army base. We are the only airforce on this base. The base doesnt even have a run way. Thier are no other airforce around to check out.

obxtuf. We do use headlights for driving. Spotlights cant spot shit from inside the cab and you dont want to be outside the cab, and we prefer to stay in the truck and let the army kick in the doors.

As pony racer one said. The airforce has changed its role in the last 4 or so years. Hell im doing a army mission on a army base with Army Vechiles. None of these 915's belong to the airforce. So the Chairforce is def picking up its own slack now.

GermanXJ. If i ever get to spang ill def send you a PM.

You guys have been a great help. I looked at the link and some of those ligths actully look really good. I am going to send them to my senior master sargent and see what he says. You guys are awsome. THanks for helping out.

SrA DaRosa
USAF

I was there a few years ago doing almost what you're doing. We weren't supposed to go on convoys at night, so we didn't have the prob you're having.

Just wondering if you're at Arifjan, thats where I was. Thats the place to be if you've gotta be there.

915, huh? A2 or A3? We ran 818's. Piece of crap but loved the desert heat.

Yeah, I don't really have any help other than to use the warranty. They say weatherproof for land or sea, use the companies money.

RaiderX7 said:
Hey all. My name is Senior Airman DaRosa.

the militery changed yer name to your rank thats cool:roflmao: :roflmao:

anyway i would look at marine stuff, you might even be able to find some in your supply system, assault or patrol boats might have similar systems but should hold up better in nasty weather
good luck over there, git er done

Alot of the guys hear said the same thing you did. They only ran convoys during the day. They all did gun trucks. yup im at Arifjan. Its not a bad base. Hell i got a cell phone LOL. We have all most all A3's except a few peice of shit A4's. We already had the go light company guy down hear. He didnt help much LOL

RaiderX7 said:
Alot of the guys hear said the same thing you did. They only ran convoys during the day. They all did gun trucks. yup im at Arifjan. Its not a bad base. Hell i got a cell phone LOL. We have all most all A3's except a few peice of shit A4's. We already had the go light company guy down hear. He didnt help much LOL

Will CDMA phones work over there ?, I'm headed your way end of january. Just wondering if it's worth while dragging my verizon V3M with me... I'll be going to doha for a few weeks.

If you can drill holes I'd go with the standard old police cruiser spotlights, they have them for the A pillars and for the roof. We had the roof mount ones on our chebby pickemups at the naval air station I pulled 3 months security at before I got sent to my crypto repair shop..

Back