• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting a Ultra4 to Jeepspeed, alot more then I thought

We are still putting sponsorship deals for 2014 as we speak. Stay tuned regarding wheels in 3700 Jeepspeed Cup. Will post news as soon as we get it. But keep prepping 4600 and 4500 Jeeps and Dodges. We have commitments for two more new 3700 at Henderson in Dec.

Well got some of the inner side unirail plated, just have to finish plating and then get some control arms and then Maybe they will go in.

I am mostly waiting on Rock Krawler to get me their krawler pro joints, and axle brackets. Then I will likely be sitting out parker in feb, since their bypasses wont be out yet till just after. And not looking to setup up twice in two months and all the shock swapping and such.

I will say I am glad to be rid of those daym heavy arse things also though... :)

20131226_165907.jpg

Coming along.

Bypasses and coil overs...

are you concerned at all with the width of those links? I can't say I've seen anyone running the desert with tubular rear links.

Robert, Nice job. Looking forward to seeing your XJ at Parker//////Grimm Jeeper there are lots of Jeepspeeds with tubular links. Our 2013 Champ Todd Jackson WJ has them. Two time 3700 Jeepspeed Champ Jon Krellwitz ran them on his TJ....

These are 1.5" sch 80 pvc.

But the planned on 1.75x.120 inner sleeved w 1.5x.120 dom both should be fine...

Robert, Nice job. Looking forward to seeing your XJ at Parker//////Grimm Jeeper there are lots of Jeepspeeds with tubular links. Our 2013 Champ Todd Jackson WJ has them. Two time 3700 Jeepspeed Champ Jon Krellwitz ran them on his TJ....

Thanks for the info, I need to pay more attention! I don't follow the unlimited class as close as i should. :thumbup:

These are 1.5" sch 80 pvc.

But the planned on 1.75x.120 inner sleeved w 1.5x.120 dom both should be fine...

Right on I never though of using PVC for mockup that's a great idea.

Depending on od...

And so is .250..

And so is solid...

But no post or pre heat w 1020...

2013-12-27172018.jpg

Going to be tight to get a coilover and bypass between tire and rail in the rear...

Right on I never though of using PVC for mockup that's a great idea.

I've been using 1/2" PVC for years to dial in shock length/shock mount placement. Takes out the guess work and is much easier to dial in compressed and extended lengths without wrestling a pressurized shock. You can machine down a pvc T-fitting with a grinder to match the width of your shock eye bushing. Works great!

Looks great... love the look of the kmc's!
Any plans for changing the rear bumper design?

no plans to change bumper or rear tire carrier attachment at this time. Who knows with once the rear susp is done though. There is very little room to get a coilover and bypass thru the floor between the unibody rail and the tire when articulated. So things might change.

what's your overall width over the tires? I have 16x2.0" coilovers in the rear and it was a VERY tight fit with 35's and the coilovers outside the frame rails. It would rub either the bottom edge of the frame or the edge of the tire, depending on if it was drooped or compressed. one thing i did that helped was run fairly tall shock mounts on top of the axle. the longer they are, the less the shock swings at the lower eyelet when articulated, so it doesnt move as close to the tire or frame rail. I believe i was 76" wide in the rear with a 35x12.5 tire at the time. Your best bet is to notch the frame.
Also, any reason why you have your chassis lower control arm bracket faced in that direction? having the ramped side facing towards the front helps a ton for dragging over rocks.

WMS is 65. 5.25" bs wheels but can space out as needed (reason for high poss offset).

Brackets are like that so the upper can use that portion facing rear for the bottom leg and to tie it all together. I am not at all worried about rocks now so used the bracket to my best fitment and purpose.

WMS is 65. 5.25" bs wheels but can space out as needed (reason for high poss offset).

Brackets are like that so the upper can use that portion facing rear for the bottom leg and to tie it all together. I am not at all worried about rocks now so used the bracket to my best fitment and purpose.

well i'm at 67" wms and 17x8 with 4.5" bs and 37x13.5 toyos and it doesn't rub much anymore. The tire may BARELY kiss the spring fully articulated. I have no clue how well bypasses would fit though. 2.5 coilovers would be tough too.

Well waiting 6 months for shocks and such. Get front in and mocked up. Only to find 12" 2.5 piggy resi won't fit due to a few reasons.

So now time work it up to a coilover front.... and to find some more shocks lol....

Where we left it today.
20140608_105828.jpg

Back