• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

console fitment ?

KY-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I found a console from a 90 XJ the same color as my interior. I am wanting to know if it will fit in a 96 without any problems?

Thanks.

If you have a mini console (ie: just a little plastic around the e-brake and shifter) you will need to buy the brackets with the full console as well.

There is a bracket that the rear of the full console sits on that will need to be transfered to make the swap work.

Cottontail said:
If you have a mini console (ie: just a little plastic around the e-brake and shifter) you will need to buy the brackets with the full console as well.

There is a bracket that the rear of the full console sits on that will need to be transfered to make the swap work.

He's right. I have done this. Get the brackets out of the same XJ as the console. Mine donor was blue though. Interior spray bomb. Color matched pretty close.
100_1682.jpg

Back