• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering parting out my XJ

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't pulled anything off yet, but wanted to get an idea if anyone would be interested. Basically, have a new baby and the XJ has been sitting because the unibody cracked at the steering box and I haven't had time to fix it. I bought the parts to fix it but not seeing the XJ getting a lot of use for a while. Sooooo, instead thinking of parting it out, working on my bimmer and getting back into a XJ when baby is a little older. Everything was pretty much done in the last 25k.

Here's what I have.

-4.0HO rebuilt under 25k on it, has ton of other parts that where swapped with the rebuild; starter, water pump, power steering, fuel injectors, plugs, wires and other things.
-D30 HP w/ 4.11's, lsd and solid diff cover
-Ford 8.8 w/ 4.11's, lsd, disc brakes and solid diff cover
-Working NP231
-Working AW4
-4 BFG AT 33x10.5 about 8k on them 1 33x10.5 BFG MT spare all mounted on aluminum wheels
-Durango/WJ steering swap, has new lines, cooler, filter and steering brace plate, would be willing to do warranty returns if you pay for s/h and wanted new ones
-IRO tie rod
-IRO double shear track bar
-Stainless steel brakelines
-RE quick discos
-NIB IRO front and mid stiffners
-NIB IRO 8.8 truss and new brackets
-Body and interior are rough but could salvage enough of it for a awesome trail rig.
-Has a RE lift but is pretty beat up.

PM me an offer if you're interested. Basically just testing the waters to see if it would be worthwhile to part it out. I'm not giving the stuff away so no low balls. Stuff isn't gold plated either so not looking to gouge anyone on prices. I live in littleton but would probably have all the parts at my dad's in Conifer. If someone is interested in the whole thing would cut a deal.

What year is it? Miles on the jeep?

Minor detail :rof: 93 255k on chassis, tranny t case where swapped by at some point PO unknown mileage on those but they work.

How old are the tires? My 33s are starting to dry rot.

I can update some prices tomorrow. Really was just seeing if there was enough interest for me to move forward with parting it out.

Thought about fixing it, I just dont have the time and would want to go a different direction with the baby.

33s are in really good shape bought them a little over a year ago.

Ill pm you in the am dutch

This! Mine always puts​ the kid to sleep. Plus jeeps are more reliable than a bmw.

You'll find the time to work on it. I have been anyways.

I thought about it but the wife still has a KJ. Plus she isn't the biggest fan of having the baby in the XJ. The bimmer will be solid, they get a bad rap because people neglect maintenance.

Update with some prices

-4.0HO rebuilt under 25k on it, has ton of other parts that where swapped with the rebuild; starter, water pump, power steering, fuel injectors, plugs, wires and other things. $1,500
-D30 HP w/ 4.11's, lsd and solid diff cover $600
-Ford 8.8 w/ 4.11's, lsd, disc brakes and solid diff cover $600
-Working NP231 $150
-Working AW4 $200
-4 BFG AT 33x10.5 about 8k on them 1 33x10.5 BFG MT spare all mounted on aluminum wheels not willing to separate right now $800
-Durango/WJ steering swap, has new lines, cooler, filter and steering brace plate, would be willing to do warranty returns if you pay for s/h and wanted new ones $200
-IRO tie rod $50
-IRO double shear track bar $140
-Stainless steel brakelines $50
-RE quick discos $75
-NIB IRO front and mid stiffners $300
-NIB IRO 8.8 truss and new brackets $200
-Body and interior are rough but could salvage enough of it for a awesome trail rig does have a clean title. $500 for shell
-Has a 3.5 short arm RE lift but is pretty beat up has full leafs too. $100
-Thrush muffler, HF cat and rest of exhaust $150

If something isn't listed that is stock, PM me.

Whole rig $4,500 for everything, $4,000 w/o stiffners and truss, $3,200 w/o truss, stiffners and wheels and tires.

Are the brakelines front and rear?

Fronts are on, I should have the rear in storage bin because it didn't work with the 8.8.

Yup, it's nice to have pictures. :)

Thanks kittrell

So a few changes. I'm no longer selling the XJ or parting it out fully. I will be positing the wheels, tires, axles, lift and some steering parts once I remove them. Hoping in the next few weeks I should have everything listed. Mod can go a head a delete this post.

Back