• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Concerned about how built your rig is?

It's like you were watching me or something :D

I've definitely put the sliders through their paces. Haven't really beat on the front and rear skids though, always manage to miss those.

Oddly enough, I don't have a t-case skid. I should probably change that :eek:

awww yes t-case skid, i was gonna build one last weekend but it slipped my mind. ill do one this weekend for sure because i dont have a spare t-case and im the xj driving to the event from wisconsin haha gotta make it back :)

awww yes t-case skid, i was gonna build one last weekend but it slipped my mind. ill do one this weekend for sure because i dont have a spare t-case and im the xj driving to the event from wisconsin haha gotta make it back :)

Transmissions have been swapped in the campground so a tcase would be a breeze!

....and if there's time, we may take a sawzall or cut-off wheel to Glenn's Jeep. Open it up a bit...he still has a little roof left....

....and if there's time, we may take a sawzall or cut-off wheel to Glenn's Jeep. Open it up a bit...he still has a little roof left....

Be gone foul spirit...... That is going to happen when the other build is done.

Transmissions have been swapped in the campground so a tcase would be a breeze!

Transmissions, clutches, slave cylinders, driveshafts, engine mounts, radiators....there's not a lot we haven't done in the campground over the years.

Transmissions, clutches, slave cylinders, driveshafts, engine mounts, radiators....there's not a lot we haven't done in the campground over the years.

Yep! I had a Ring and pinion fix in Tellico one year. Last year of Tellico we did a valve cover gasket and the typical hub repair all the first night.

I even recall one of the Empire guys putting the winch he won at the raffle on his Jeep by flashlight one night...

Sometimes we even find old parts on the trail and reuse them ,
( jasons mj drive slug at the top or railbed for example)

Sometimes we even find old parts on the trail and reuse them , (
jasons mj drive slug at the top or railbed.

That was epic. :thumbup:

I still have the slug and the broken stub that was in it. The slug actually stayed on the MJ until a couple months ago.

as a last minute decision late last night i made a transfer case skid plate out of scraps i had left over from my bumper and rock sliders. its nothing fancy and its not pretty but its strong and only took an hour. I can take it out and grind the welds down and paint it nice when i get back from crawl.

Im on 31's, 2X4 rockers, transfer case skid and possibly locked rear end. Mainly fearing for my gas tank on this trip.

I mashed mine pretty bad one year. Mark and I had to swap pumps on the way home. Fun times!

Im on 31's, 2X4 rockers, transfer case skid and possibly locked rear end. Mainly fearing for my gas tank on this trip.

Did you get your other rocker welded in? I bought these from IRO for this trip:

They are installed with the provided bolts, but I think I may weld em to the frame at least.

I think I am going to risk no gas tank skid also. Shoot whats the worst can happen.

Back