• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

COMANCHE CRAWLER FOR SALE............CHEAP!!!

MISFIT

NAXJA Forum User
i'm selling my Comanche crawler. i would like to get started on building my FJ-40, but i need this gone so i have room in the garage for the Yota.

Specs:

*'90 Jeep Comanche
*AW4 auto with one of BrettM's shifters (the dial kind)
*dana 300 with twin-sticks
*GM dana 44 front, 5.38s Lock-Right, BTF diff cover
*GM 12 bolt rear, 5.38s, welded, BTF diff cover
*tube bed with flat-bed top which lifts up and opens a big box in the bed that's good for camping equip. storage and a gull-wing truck box
*OBA
*heavy duty steering a la SamCo fab
*37" MTR's on 17" black Cragar soft 8s
*optima red top
*new fuel pump and XJ gas tank

things wrong with it:

*tranny leaks a tiny bit on steep inclines (all it needs is new RTV)
*a small oil leak from the rear main seal
*OBA needs a few tweaks (new pop-off valve, 5gal tank needs mounting and plumbed as well)
*i busted a u-joint on the dana 44 which sheared off the ears on the short-side shafts)
*needs a new pass. side motormount
*needs shocks
(i would have fixed these things, but i'm out of town alot so i haven't got the chance)

this thing runs and crawls great. i used this as an off-road only vehicle. it does not have current smog or registration though if you wanted to smog it, i think it should pass (the P.O. used it as a DD before i got it). the title is clean. it isn't the best thing to drive on the street, but it isn't too bad. i would recommend towing it to and from the trail.

pics:

(this is the most recent pic)
dirtysanchez1.jpg

60cd130c.jpg

Picture208.jpg

i would like to get $2500 for it. i paid $3K for it 3 mo. ago and it is in WAY better shape than when i first got it. i have put about $800 into it since i got it (new gas tank, hubs, diff cover, fuel pump, battery, OBA, etc.). i don't want to go any lower than $2500 but since i really need to get this outta here fast, i'm open to offers.

NO TRADES!!! CASH AND LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!!! NO DELIVERY!!!

Back