• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coilover rear

Beezil said:
My rig and I would get spanked in competition, I appreciate the compliment, but I'm sure my asshole friends would be more than happy to offer thier opinions on the matter, as it concerns the driver.

the only time the jeep is available for viewing in chicago, is when its on the trailer either heading for moab, or attica, and hopefully this fall, JV...No, I don't drive around the chicago streets in a modified rig, there's no need. Never been to rockport, would love to check out a new place. If you get there first please post about it.

I moved to Sacramento, CA about 1-1/2 yrs ago from Mt. Prospect, IL and the only thing I really miss is the awesome food and my family in Rockford. I found 2 good deep dish pizza places that are as good if not better than I've had in Chicago. Still haven't had a good beef sandwich or Gyro though. The food in Chicago/burbs is unbelievable.
Troy

Beezil said:
My rig and I would get spanked in competition, I appreciate the compliment, but I'm sure my asshole friends would be more than happy to offer thier opinions on the matter, as it concerns the driver.

the only time the jeep is available for viewing in chicago, is when its on the trailer either heading for moab, or attica, and hopefully this fall, JV...No, I don't drive around the chicago streets in a modified rig, there's no need. Never been to rockport, would love to check out a new place. If you get there first please post about it.

http://www.rorp.com/home.html. Been there once. ~1.5 hours north of St. Louis. They've got some rocks, mud, hills, creeks, typical Midwest type stuff I guess.

Goatman said:
$1000 plus, unless you're lucky enough to come across a screaming deal. Plus the cost of the suspension links you'll need.

My Fox 14" non-res, valved to my spec coilovers were $550 plus $140 in coils, coils you can get used for a good deal on many pre-runner sites, coilovers too for that matter.

Goatman said:
...Coilovers tend to be leany...

Isn't it more accurate to say anything over stock is "leany"? If we get back to discussing roll axis at the TB you'll note that any TB-equipped XJ with more than 6" lift is going to lean more when turning left than my 10+" lift 3 link coilover setup. It's all relative and the geometry is what makes it wrong, not the height.

I have done my share of cutting, now I am just looking to gain more travel with a great ride to go along with it and give me that inch that i lack in the back. Hey those shock replacing coils, arent the upper mounts to weak, i already have torn one of those in the past, so therefore, is there a cross bar that goes across that the upper end can mount to?

steinjeep said:
I found 2 good deep dish pizza places that are as good if not better than I've had in Chicago. Still haven't had a good beef sandwich or Gyro though. The food in Chicago/burbs is unbelievable.
Troy

anyone been to eduardos or ginos?
fellow co-worker is from chi-town these are some of his favs.
-g

Back