• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Spacers

weld them together and then stack them... but only if you can either weld very well or you have no other option. Spacers are so cheap i wouldnt risk a catastrophic failure over 40 bucks or whatever.

I disagree. Yes you can. Ever seen a post or example of some one tossing a spacer over the the stock 3/4 inch rubber spacer? (actually ran mine that way till I got the long arm.) And ever noticed the shape of a coil spring spacer? Take two and place them over each other, check how they set.
If you have a long arm set up that actually flexes to the point where the spring releases there may be a problem with them dropping. But you can stack coil spring spacers.
And how do you weld rubber or poly bushings?

Just because you can does not mean that it is a good idea. The stock insulator is so small compared to the spacers, this also means that he is talking about a total of 3 spacers. So yes you can, but it is not worth the risk. Just buy two full 2" spacers and put one on each side, they cost about $40 a pair.

Yea I can weld, but not plastic/rubber we must be talking about 2 different things.

Where can I get the full 2" ones ? I also saw in JP mag that grand cherokee coils are longer but it didn't tell me how much longer. Does anyone know?

Thank you guys for the replies. Im a newbie at this jeep stuff only thing Ive ever modded is LS1-LS6 cars, this is my 1st 4wd.

i do belive the grandcherokee springs are heavyer too so keep in ming you dont want the ones for the v8 version unless you like a really ruff ride. but to answer your question they are approx 1.9 inches taller according to napa's parts books. ( i was thinking of doing that too but decided not to) but i dont know if thats 1.9 no load or 1.9 after load

Yea I have to drive it everyday so It has to ride decent. I just got some 16" liberty renegade wheels and 245/75 MTR's I don't know if 2" would be enough lift. Like if I bottom out I don't want to rip a fender flare off or somthing

LS1Jeep said:
Yea I can weld, but not plastic/rubber we must be talking about 2 different things.

JB WELD:D REALLY!

dzraces said:
i do belive the grandcherokee springs are heavyer too so keep in ming you dont want the ones for the v8 version unless you like a really ruff ride.

hmm, crap I can't find it at the moment but there is a writeup of a guy building a bb out of zj v-8 coils and making his own aal's out of xj main springs with the eyes cut off and he said it felt good and stable, probably get away with an around town disconnected swaybar on a setup like that (I don't advocate highway w/out swaybar but I do it:)

LS1Jeep said:
Yea I have to drive it everyday so It has to ride decent. I just got some 16" liberty renegade wheels and 245/75 MTR's I don't know if 2" would be enough lift. Like if I bottom out I don't want to rip a fender flare off or somthing

so you have about 30.5" tires... I don't know the offset of the liberty wheels, but if it's the same as stock cherokee wheels but I've got 30 9.50's and a bit of sag on stock suspension and the only problem is barely rubbing the control arms at full lock... even disco'd front and rear I rub the wheelwell just the tiniest amount and that is only when really stuffed, even while turning. don't touch the flares at all to speak of....

hmm zj springs off a fairly low mile rig that's being lifted: $80
-OR- acos: $299
(or the Carquest HD XJ Coil springs about $75? 1 1/2"lift?)

before everyone goes condemning v8 zj springs to harsh ride oblivion just remember that many lift springs have a higher spring rate than stock, OME seems to be the notorious exception to this but that is a whole other deal. and I would guess that the 5.7L is not an awful lot heavier than a good cast iron 4.0s, since newer motors are all about aluminum:( toss on a nice beefy custom fab'd bumper and you are probably going to get a good riding spring not so far from the weight of the zj front end

My spacers didn't effect my ride quality at all...

LS1Jeep said:
Those look nice but wouldn't it make it ride really stiff ?

I guess if I can find some full 2" spacers I'll just go with that as long as it don't rub

Back