• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunk in the front end...I searched.

Control arms would likely be a large pain in the ass to get out at a junkyard. I know my original arms with about 205,000 on them and 14 years on them were difficult to remove with the bolts seizing to the bushing collar. Without access to an air hammer in the yard it would probably be troublesome. Worth a try though.

Control arms would likely be a large pain in the ass to get out at a junkyard. I know my original arms with about 205,000 on them and 14 years on them were difficult to remove with the bolts seizing to the bushing collar. Without access to an air hammer in the yard it would probably be troublesome. Worth a try though.

Yeah with my lift it's a waste of time and money to put in stock control arms. I have 205k on my Jeep, and it's hard enough as it is to pull the arms with anti-seeze on them. I'll just look into upgraded RE adjustable super flex control arms. (My top ones have no play, my lowers have some but very little, all bolts tight.)

~Scott

Look into Rusty's adjustable arms. I run upper and lower adjustables from Rusty's and they are cheaper priced than RE and plenty beefy and heavy. Also the bend for the lower arms helps for droop if you do not run drop brackets.

Look into Rusty's adjustable arms. I run upper and lower adjustables from Rusty's and they are cheaper priced than RE and plenty beefy and heavy. Also the bend for the lower arms helps for droop if you do not run drop brackets.

Not much of a rusty's fan and I can get RE stuff for about the same price through fullsizeXJ on here. (he's a vendor)

~Scott

Never had any problems with rusty's besides their leaf bushings.

My friend runs RE control arms and his bushings are toast so I guess that's pretty much equal right there, perhaps comparing apples-to-oranges with leaf bushings vs. ca bushings, but still....rubber nonetheless.

Never had any problems with rusty's besides their leaf bushings.

My friend runs RE control arms and his bushings are toast so I guess that's pretty much equal right there, perhaps comparing apples-to-oranges with leaf bushings vs. ca bushings, but still....rubber nonetheless.

I trust RE's track record more...for $20 more, I may as well get the RE stuff I figure.

~Scott

If that's all your paying, to your benefit.

Looking directly at the RE website its like $260 for a pair of LCA's with the flexjoints...and what, $220 for a pair of LCA's with rubber on both ends?

Yeah but I can get flex joints cheap, and it's only like $30 more then the basic rubber ones. I'm a believe in the flex joints, and I need flex to perform on my rig since I'm running smaller tires.

~Scott

Back