• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Click on start, jumped solenoid and still get click. Time for new starter?

^The relay is on the fender in a 96? I thought the starter and relay were a one piee unit.

Now I am getting a fast click on start and the engine will not turn over, at least its in the driveway now.

WTF is going on here?

Plays For Jeeps said:
No f*cking start.

from medical terminology class?:shhh:

I'd try another battery or a jump-- you may have corrected the original cable problem, but not an accessory drain from something like a malfunctioning radio.

Plays For Jeeps said:
^The relay is on the fender in a 96? I thought the starter and relay were a one piee unit.

Now I am getting a fast click on start and the engine will not turn over, at least its in the driveway now.

WTF is going on here?

battery does not have enough charge to activate/trip the solinoid.

put the battery on a charger. after you get it started with a fresh charge on the battery, you need to see if the alternator is charging the battery. with the jeep running, put a meter on the battery.

Your battery connection has quit again, OR when the cable disconnected it wiped out the alt (did you check the belt? Are you maybe missing the harmonic balancer?)

not to say anything but can you turn the motor over at all from the harmonic balancer? any problems the day before? not sure of your circumstances. just want to rule that out of the equation...
:)

Back