• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8 3/4"

Looks real good! What gearing are you running, locker? The width looks perfect as well......which Mopar vehicle donated that axle? Just gathering up info in case I run across one. I used to, just about, trip over them at the local Pick-A-Part when I wasn't looking for them but, now..........where are they(?).... Hans

The rear is welded with 4.88s and a stick on 35" mtrs and it is about 61 or 62" wide if I remember right. I can't remember what this particular one came out of but just start taking a tape measure to one and you will be fine. It has more clearance than the dana 35 and looks sweet under the Jeep for sure.---------Kyle

You guys are bumming me out here! You see I have a 66' 4 door Coronet up for sale and im having trouble selling it because its a 4 door. Not only does it have an 8 3/4 rear end it has a built 360 w/400HP front end! I already know the 8 3/4 will handle the 360! Hmmmm........(wife would kill me!)

Not a bad axle for sure, I have one under my Barracuda. I have broke it once but it was an old set of gears. Its got a spool and 35 spline mosiers. I don't think there is any lockers available for anything over the stock axle size. The stock axles are good to mid 11s and in a heavyish(3300lb) race car they seem to check out about the 10.70-10.80 range.

I thought about one of these but ended up with an 8.8 since I could get bigger everything with cheaper parts and get disc brakes. That and I scored an 8.8 from a 97 exploder for $75 :)

Back