• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 worth Locking?

He mentions snow, not sure if he sees much ice. What if he saved up for a selectable for the D30 instead of locking the rear?

thats talking about 600$ more, not everyone can afford it, but its always an option

im kinda suprised to see so many of you supporting the 27-spline axle as a viable AND reliable axle... i gained a ton of respect for mine last year.. i got it already set up with 4.56s and a detroit.. ran it VER HARD with 33s for 2 full years on stock shafts and had ZERO problems... and the guy running it this year has 35s on it with yukon shafts and still no issues....

a lock-right on a daily driver will get old fast especially if its a 5 spd... lock it! wheel it!! plan for your next upgrades....

Wolz said:
He mentions snow, not sure if he sees much ice. What if he saved up for a selectable for the D30 instead of locking the rear?
There is some ice but not to bad most of the time. And as for the D30 I was thinking of a Detroit Truetrac for it, but was gonna lock the rear first.
sidriptide said:
a lock-right on a daily driver will get old fast especially if its a 5 spd
What do you mean "it will get old fast?"
And it's a auto, sorry I forgot to add that earlier.

I ran 29 spline Yukons, Detroit, and 4.56 on 32's in Moab (Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge, and Moab Rim with no issues. Only problem I had was a leaking pinion seal because of the moron that did my gears. I have a TrueTrac in the front and it works great, but I wish I had an ARB.

Greg

tazz said:
hey whatdo you think of the yokohama MT+'s?
Any good?

Me too. Rocks? Mud? Mileage? Clue us in bruddah! I am a dealer for Yokohama and have only sold one set of MT's. The damn truck see's pavement only. :tears:

Brad

I just found out from the local performance parts store that a Powertrax Lock-Right is worth $765.96 Canadian +Tax so that's $880.85 total!:wow:
Is that stupid or what!

tazz said:
What do you mean "it will get old fast?"
And it's a auto, sorry I forgot to add that earlier.

just meaning the road manners and drivability are really quirky and driving really becomes a chore.. you eventually learn how to work around it but its a real pain.. my YJ has a lock-right in the rear and it's short wheelbase make it just about change lanes when i shift under hard acceleration like on the highway.. an auto will cushion it a bit though.

that's nice to know, because now i have this axle..:laugh3:
sidriptide said:
im kinda suprised to see so many of you supporting the 27-spline axle as a viable AND reliable axle... i gained a ton of respect for mine last year.. i got it already set up with 4.56s and a detroit.. ran it VER HARD with 33s for 2 full years on stock shafts and had ZERO problems... and the guy running it this year has 35s on it with yukon shafts and still no issues....

a lock-right on a daily driver will get old fast especially if its a 5 spd... lock it! wheel it!! plan for your next upgrades....

well My PowerTrax No-slip is on the way!:party:
Should be here Thursday of next week! Hope to put it in next weekend if I can.

VegasAnthony said:
Axle Shaft
Jeep Cherokee Rr AXL, Spcr 44- RH XXX $50 Jack's Used Cars and Parts USA-MA(North-Billerica) Request_Quote 1-888-873-5225 Request_Insurance_Quote

Rear Axle
Jeep Cherokee -CHRYS (8-1/4), 3.55 RATIO--156K 156,000 P708 $200.17 Cousineau Auto Parts Inc. - QRP Partner USA-WI(Appleton) Request_Quote 1-800-642-2550 Request_Insurance_Quote

Where do you get quotes like these?
Is there a place on the Internet to check what junk is around ?

For the Yoko M/T's....I ran them for 35K. I liked them but the rubber compound is soft to compensate for the lack of sieping in wet weather. Good tire.

Back