• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chop tops

Status
Not open for further replies.
just so people understand why some do it

--Richard aka "Goatman"

My goal was to create more rear clearance, to eliminate the potential for rock damage to the rear side windows, roof line, and D pillar. I built my rear bumper and the rear floor so a 37" tire could lay flat (which you couldn't fit inside) and made a custom aluminum storage box to go over the tire. If needed, I can strap stuff down on top of the storage box. I don't want to steal this thread, this is a nice build going so far, but here's a pic of my rear storage.
standard.jpg

Good Logic: Get all materials first (such as thin sheet metal to fix up cuts, roll cage), then chop and add new materials.

Bad Logic: Chop now, fix later.

I chose Bad logic. Its been 2 years, and I have not yet been able to touch up, bondo, ect....

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

100_2528.jpg

If I could go back, I would choose good logic; however, 85% of the time I learn from trial and error. People inquire about my actions from time to time just to learn from my mistakes. I don't mind.

Good logic = very happy in long run
Bad logic= happy too; there is just some regret

Rev Den said:
revden1.jpg

16_G.sized.jpg

Photochops....every one. :D

Rev

Do you pass tech with that spare? :wave:

JeepFreak21 said:
If only there was a site that allowed you to search for pictures of modified Cherokees.
Billy
Now THATS funny.

MetViper said:
Yes, because we all know that clubs and internet forums have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with helping others and INTERACTING with something other than your keyboard!!!!

Did you ever consider that maybe he was helping?

If somebody stops you on the street and asks you for directions, do you tell them a round-about, ass backwards, route that will add 9 extra days to their trip? No, you tell them the quickest way to get there.

Billy

IMGA0230-1.jpg
started my roof chop today but i'm also taking the front off to make an open back trailer

i love the smell on angle grinders in the morning and singed hair in the afernoon :roflmao:
IMGA0236.jpg

JeepFreak21 said:
Did you ever consider that maybe he was helping?

If somebody stops you on the street and asks you for directions, do you tell them a round-about, ass backwards, route that will add 9 extra days to their trip? No, you tell them the quickest way to get there.

Billy

Sure, but do you think that's it's kind of an A-hole thing to tell a guy asking for directions to go to the nearest gas station and buy a map?

MetViper said:
Sure, but do you think that's it's kind of an A-hole thing to tell a guy asking for directions to go to the nearest gas station and buy a map?

Nice try, but it's more like pointing out the map that's sitting on his passenger seat, free of charge. Somebody has even written clear cut directions on how to read the map.
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
Nice try, but it's more like pointing out the map that's sitting on his passenger seat, free of charge. Somebody has even written clear cut directions on how to read the map.
Billy
Who would do such a thing as make directions for using a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back