• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinese Air Locker Group Buy

I have a dead horse for sale if anyone needs a new one to beat.

You could always buy an ected for that 8.8....

Completly kidding, **** them.

Anyways, good luck on your locker search.

First off, I am not trying to reign on your parade, I am just provide feedback from the sites you linked and my personal experience.

Maybe you should re-read the xterra thread where guys recommend pulling the other locker apart and de-burring the gears and checking everything over, or the expo portal thread of the Chinese locker. There are many arguments against using the Chinese locker, from people who have seen and held the actual product.

The arb test was good, but they missed a key piece of information that would have made their locker look even better. What would it take to break the locker, not an axle shaft? People in the threads you linked said the Chinese locker was within 7% of the arb, but what they were missing is the axle shaft broke, not the locker in the arb test. What would have happened if that axle shaft was an alloy shaft? The Chinese locker would have broke again, and in the arb's case, the axle shaft would have been much stronger, therefore either the axle, gears or locker would have broken. Too bad that answer is not shown in the video.

My suggestion is if you are dead set on an air locker for the rear, is buy an arb. I know from experience there are times when companies run a special and you can get a smaller compressor, with wiring for free with the purchase of one locker.

For the front I would purchase a lunch box locker. Why a lunchbox? It's cheaper, both in purchase price and the free install price, if you have a feeler gauge and some basic hand tools. You also will have a locker that will always work, it does not rely on air or electricity.

Here is my question to you: If you are out in the middle of nowhere, wheeling with your wife, and you were to break something, would your wife look at you and say "it's ok honey, I know you saved a good deal of money on that purchase, I'll wait here while you walk to get help", or is she going to say something else?

From what I know the answer to be in my case, I bought an arb for rear and an aussie for the front of my mild wheeler.

I wish you the best in your decision and I hope whatever you purchase, you get out and enjoy.

Here is my question to you: If you are out in the middle of nowhere, wheeling with your wife, and you were to break something, would your wife look at you and say "it's ok honey, I know you saved a good deal of money on that purchase, I'll wait here while you walk to get help", or is she going to say something else?

I hope she would say something like that if she's a reasonable person with an understanding of the inherent obstacles of wheeling. That is quite a situation nonetheless. But, I think I would go with an OX with cable actuation in the first place. While more expensive, it fits the criteria you outlined of not requiring air/electricity. If I'm correct, it can be actuated manually through the diff. cover even if the cable breaks. Wife might be able to say the same thing she would say about the chinese locker when the ARB compressor fails (hypothetically). I'm not saying one is better than the other in terms of strength or reliability, but the OX reminds me of classic no-frills military style piece of equipment that I'd want to take alone into the middle of nowhere.

Back