• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee CAD Drawing.... anyone have one?

I have also seen a SolidWorks 3D model floating around out there too. Hopefully someone will post that one, it was pretty nice.

BLSXJ said:
mass email just sent from my hotmail account

Got the DWG. Cool drawing. I had to raise it up 4.5" to Match my ride. Looks like it has 31" tires on it. It would be interesting to get a copy of the actual Manufacturing scematics.:compwork:

Haha, wow, the one post above looks much better than what I've done.

I sketched this up really quick to get an idea for a project I was thinking about.

The body is a bit weird, but I didnt want to get it perfect just a basic outline.

cadjeep1.jpg

cadjeep2.jpg

-Kevin

IslanderXJ said:
XJOG?
-Jack

XJOG - XJ Owner's Group. groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG. I've got a RENIXPower group as well as a companion - groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower.

The RENIXPower is specific to 1984-1990XJ w/AMC engine. The XJOG is a more general XJ tech/discussion outfit. They're both low-traffic, and I should probably go through the messages again - I meant them more as "information clearinghouses" than as "discussion fori" - we've already got NAXJA. I just wanted to make it easier to find tech...

5-90

5-90 said:
XJOG - XJ Owner's Group. groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG. I've got a RENIXPower group as well as a companion - groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower.

The RENIXPower is specific to 1984-1990XJ w/AMC engine. The XJOG is a more general XJ tech/discussion outfit. They're both low-traffic, and I should probably go through the messages again - I meant them more as "information clearinghouses" than as "discussion fori" - we've already got NAXJA. I just wanted to make it easier to find tech...

5-90

Hey thanks!
-Jack

OK - I just re-upped the AutoCAD drawings to XJOG (groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG,) since I was informed they weren't working.

There are various freeware viewers for AutoCAD .dwg files out there - including one from AutoDesk itself. Granted, that one is an unholy large download, but it's the one I use (I don't like running into compatibility issues...)

If anyone else has useful CAD/wireframe drawings of the XJ and MJ (and components,) I'd like to hear about them - since I'd like to collect them for distribution on XJOG for all of us to use. All the more so if we can get freeware viewers for them...

5-90

wrecked said:
5-90: I just sent you a PM, however I should mention that the axles are proper demensions, the frame/body and what not are not.

-Kevin

Got it - I've been on a train for three days.

I'll have to look into that Rhino viewer - but I was more interested in correct frame/body dims than axle stuff. I'll probably still dig up a viewer and get your images anyhow - they could be useful. Mainly, I was after something that would help people design chassis mods - since axles usually end up swapped out anyhow... I'll get back to you!

5-90

85cherokeechief said:
I have a solidworks drawing of a full cage for a 2 door, but I do not have one with the body and everything.

As long as:

1) It's not something you mind having freely distributed.

2) It's something that someone can get a "freeware" reader of some sort for (even if it's printed as a .pdf file)

I'll take it and put it up. If you can handle the first (I can work on the second - unless you can print it as .pdf...) then send it to me at dragonland2001 AT yahoo DOT com. I'll give it a quick shufty, and let you know what I think about it (and what may need help.)

Please be sure to bash out a quick note explaining what the details of the drawing are (year/model, 2D/4D, dims, and such) and I'll include an explanatory note when I post it up on XJOG.

For those of you who might still be wondering, the XJOG is at groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG. I try to keep SPAM down, and I intended it as a clearinghouse for XJ/MJ tech information (I try to route discussions here - people cen get more answers that way...)

I may eventually duplicate the info at Works in Progress (www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power) when I get a few other things done - but it would still be free. I only charge for things I develop - I don't make money off of other people's work (unless they know that going in, and don't mind.)

5-90

5-90 said:
As long as:

1) It's not something you mind having freely distributed.

2) It's something that someone can get a "freeware" reader of some sort for (even if it's printed as a .pdf file)

I'll take it and put it up. If you can handle the first (I can work on the second - unless you can print it as .pdf...) then send it to me at dragonland2001 AT yahoo DOT com. I'll give it a quick shufty, and let you know what I think about it (and what may need help.)

Please be sure to bash out a quick note explaining what the details of the drawing are (year/model, 2D/4D, dims, and such) and I'll include an explanatory note when I post it up on XJOG.

For those of you who might still be wondering, the XJOG is at groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG. I try to keep SPAM down, and I intended it as a clearinghouse for XJ/MJ tech information (I try to route discussions here - people cen get more answers that way...)

I may eventually duplicate the info at Works in Progress (www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power) when I get a few other things done - but it would still be free. I only charge for things I develop - I don't make money off of other people's work (unless they know that going in, and don't mind.)

5-90

I just sent both a solidworks file, and a jpeg of the cage to your email address.

The link did not work for me and sent a pm to the original poster but if anyone else has the file to pass on I would appreciate it

The dwg. was more along the lines of a sketch. I think I may have it saved at work or might have deleted it. I was originally looking for more 3d or well designed/to scale drawings.... Still haven't ever found any and I just dont have the time to do it myself right now.

If you find a good dwg. please post it....

Back