• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap to no $$ mods?

I say lights as well. Cheap, easy to install, and will come in handy more often then you would think. People like the glowing jeep to be in front on a twisty trail :sunshine:

If you run a lot of vertical trails and have an automatic, I highly recommend the 1-2 tranny lock and the torque converter lockup.

If you run a lot of vertical trails and have an automatic, I highly recommend the 1-2 tranny lock and the torque converter lockup.

I am interested in what you are talking about. Im not gonna lie, I have no idea what you are talking about. Haha! But i would like to know because i have an auto and like a little in vertical trails. What are the benefits of this mod and how do you do it?? Thx.

i candied my tailights, it was 4 bucks for the can of spray paint and some tape, newspaper, and sandpaper is all you need.

im not sure if thats been posted or not yet

tailight6.jpg

I am interested in what you are talking about. Im not gonna lie, I have no idea what you are talking about. Haha! But i would like to know because i have an auto and like a little in vertical trails. What are the benefits of this mod and how do you do it?? Thx.

You know how your transmission can be shifted into "1-2" (bottom of the shift pattern)? Well, this mod will let you select between 1st and 2nd gear with a switch. Locking the torque converter will allow you to use your engine compression to brake like you would in a manual tranny. So... if your torque converter is locked, you're in 4 low, and your manually shifted into 1st gear, you can creep down a steep hill without riding your brakes.

There are a ton of good writeups on this mod. Just search mod tech for threads with shift* in the title and then tell it to sort by number of views, descending.

Billy

bmyohn, thats awesome! What exactly did you do as well as what material?

You can't tell at all in person either. I think he just used tinted clear you just tape off what you don't want to paint and sand it with a fine sandpaper and spray the tinted clear on it and BAM it looks better! Hey brendan I have your license plate number now, Imma gonna find out where you live! :D

Last edited:
i candied my tailights, it was 4 bucks for the can of spray paint and some tape, newspaper, and sandpaper is all you need.

im not sure if thats been posted or not yet

tailight6.jpg

You can't tell at all in person either. I think he just used tinted clear you just tape off what you don't want to paint and sand it with a fine sandpaper and spray the tinted clear on it and BAM it looks better! Hey brendan I have your license plate number now, Imma gonna find out where you live! :D

Tail light mod on the cheap.

Good junkyard upgrades: V8 ZJ tierod setup, add a factory rear sound bar, add cruise if you don't have it (lots of writeups out there), different wheels if you like another set better, adjust your throttle cable (free and easy).

Back