• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap 99+ intake manifold

Yes it was. I didn't buy the 96+ps bracket so I had to make it work. With the pump in the new location, I couldn't get the belt to tighten enough so I modified it.

I got one manifold for 25 bucks, and another complete 2000 motor for 50. and I am running the 96 and up belt setup on a 91 with a ps bracket for a 96 and up

tigerShark said:
will the '95 ps pump fit in that bracket from a 99+?
Mine is a '93, but has anybody got just the new ps bracket and made their existing ps pump work with that bracket? I have an AGR pump I want to keep, but modifying my existing ps bracket to the new manifold isn't that elegant of a solution imo.

Is the one hole in the block threaded on the older motors for the 96+ bracket?

I thought I saw a thread somewhere where he just barely modified the pre 96 pump bracket to work with the 99 intake. A little bit of grinding of the bracket and a piece of metal bent or something to hold some stuff.

Anybody recall?

If I can reuse all of my existing stuff that'd be a plus :)

I used my stock pump, did not even unplug the lines. 2 out of 3 of the mounting bolts bolted right up. I drilled the threaded mounting holes on the pump out so they were through holes, then I put a metric bolt all the way through to the manifold and used washers to get it spaced just right.

I also drilled a hole through the pulley so I could put a socket on the mounting bolts without having to pull the pulley every time.

wolfpackjeeper said:
I used my stock pump, did not even unplug the lines. 2 out of 3 of the mounting bolts bolted right up. I drilled the threaded mounting holes on the pump out so they were through holes, then I put a metric bolt all the way through to the manifold and used washers to get it spaced just right.

I also drilled a hole through the pulley so I could put a socket on the mounting bolts without having to pull the pulley every time.

That might unbalance the pully.

Did you use the origional mounting bracket too or did you use a new bracket?

Used the 96+ bracket. and I have yet to have a problem with the hole. Some of the later pumps have the hole in their pulley. Pulley is made of plastic, and with all of the force acting along its outer edge, it really does not ahve the mass to matter. 279k on the stock pump with close to 10k with a hole in it. And it sure as hell beats pulling the pulley to install a pump and bracket.

Hm interesting. Looks good!

It would probably be better to go with the newer bracket.....because once you cut the intake, there's no going back really.

EDIT - Does the same size bent work on the newer pumps and brackets?

Back