• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Sticker

Scott Mac. said:
The Jolly Rogers is the best way to convey the Midwest chapter culture.

Beez and Phunk, make it happen.

BS.
Everyone in the midwest knows that I fly the Roger.
On my boat, my Jeep, and at times in front of my house.
I have used this flag for years.
I would ask that you don't take it as the Midwest Chapter sticker.
I would take serious offense, and will start removing them on sight.
Unless you know the history, and know that it is more than a simple 'pirate flag', then you have no fawking business flying it on your rig.
Even if it is a sticker, you are still 'flying the Roger', and its not to be taken lightly.
:soapbox:

bgcntry72 said:
BS.
Unless you know the history, and know that it is more than a simple 'pirate flag', then you have no fawking business flying it on your rig.
Even if it is a sticker, you are still 'flying the Roger', and its not to be taken lightly.

relax buttertits, the jolly is that last image I'd wanna use.

bgcntry72 said:
BS.

BG-

Do you have one of those chrome skull hitch covers with the red LED's for eyes yet?

PhunkadelicXJ said:
This is true!!! :D

We can do the stickers two ways... vinyl die cut like the Winterfest and Brewfest ones, or 1-4 color printing on vinyl like the NAXJA member stickers.

I prefer the color printing on vinyl myself, it seems to stand out more. Thanks for taking charge on this, Phunk & Beezil!

I know i'm new, and therefore not afforded an opinion in this matter (some would say) but it seems to me that using any flag, whether it be associated with the ancient soldiers of the Knights Templar or the deep south, isn't the way to go. There is too much sybolism already attached to them to try an make them representative of anything else.

Just my 2 cents, welcome or not.

Yes, Thank you guys for taking the reigns on this.
As some of you know, I am up to my eyeballs right now!

Three weeks left! Three weeks left! Three weeks left! Three weeks left!

Fezman said:
I know i'm new, and therefore not afforded an opinion in this matter (some would say) but it seems to me that using any flag, whether it be associated with the ancient soldiers of the Knights Templar or the deep south, isn't the way to go. There is too much sybolism already attached to them to try an make them representative of anything else.

Just my 2 cents, welcome or not.

Your opinion is welcome, especially since your name is in red. Thanks for stepping up and joining.

Fezman said:
I know i'm new, and therefore not afforded an opinion in this matter (some would say)

Keep nailing yourself to the cross, toadboy.
Yeah, I yelled at you.
Yeah, everyone knows it.
No, mentioning it in EVERY POST won't make you cool.
:shhh:
As for the diff cover, the roger and the skull are not one in the same.
The roger is a personal thing, a maritime thing, and a carribbean thing.
Holds weight with me, YMMV.
:skull1:
Beezil and the FNGs, leading the way for the chapter...
Boyscouts suggesting Skull flags...
Dug was right.
:roflmao:

Last edited:
Thanks for re-affirming my point about flags and the symbolisms and meanings already attached to them.

Lawn Cher' said:
I prefer the color printing on vinyl myself, it seems to stand out more. Thanks for taking charge on this, Phunk & Beezil!

If this is the route we go, we should consider what we want for the Winterfest stickers also.
I know that's still a few months away, but if we want those stickers to be color printed on vinyl too, it will save lots of money to do them both at the same time.

Just a thought.

PhunkadelicXJ said:
If this is the route we go, we should consider what we want for the Winterfest stickers also.
I know that's still a few months away, but if we want those stickers to be color printed on vinyl too, it will save lots of money to do them both at the same time.

Just a thought.

Good idea. Have at it.

Gil BullyKatz said:
negative on the jolly roger....
it conveys a "POR wannabe" sense
now a dogskull with 2 crossed ears of corn beneath it...
that sez MWC...

Lemme know.... I have access to skulls...

Even I'd buy one of those. That would make one cool sticker.

bgcntry72 said:
BS.

Is there some secret society of wanna be gay pirates that we don't know about, or were you a member of VF-84?

Scott Mac. said:
Is there some secret society of wanna be gay pirates that we don't know about, or were you a member of VF-84?

I know the reason, BUT, Captian Country (as he likes to be called) let me steal, Um... "download" pics of his wife in the hottub...so I will simply say....he has a point.

Rev

I haven't drawn or sketched anything in a while (other than tattoos), but if anybody out there is so inclined, how about an XJ version of the Bid Daddy Roth "Rat Fink" wheelin a big ole cherokee?

beaver.gif

just a thought....

Back