• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car Insurance surprize....a good one!

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
I was recently reviewing my auto insurance to evaluate my coverage on my two cars. I've come to find out that I have this pretty cool adder/endorsement for both my Wife's '98 Nissan Maxima and my '98 Jeep Cherokee...

It turns out I have this "repair / replacement" clause that I had forgotten about. It basically states that if either of my vehicles get damaged beyond 75% of the current blue book value, then I get a replacement of a current year (2010) comparable model vehicle, minus my $200 deductible. That means if my wife's car gets wrecked, she gets a new 2010 Nissan Maxima; and I get a new 2010 Jeep Cherokee (or comparable).

How cool is that!

I double - doubled check with my insurance company and they concurred. They told me that when they placed that adder on my policy, the typical ownship expectancy of a car is 5 years; and the likelihood of total loss in that 5 year period is pretty small. So that's what they were banking on at the time. So as long as I own both cars, I'm golden....

I'd hate to see either car get wrecked as my wife's car only has 45,000 miles on it, and I love my Cherokee. But now I won't shed too many tears if they do get wrecked.....

Good news! Have an bad accident, and you get a brand new Nissan Maxima!

...,or a brand new Jeep Liberty!

I feel for you. :D

Back