• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't get my doors off

I guess tomorrow is a good day as ever to start cutting off the torx bolts. Once they are cut off using vice grips on the threads to get the rest out works? Seems like a PITA to me... but i guess desperate times call for desperate measures. I kinda stopped trying after the damn torx heads deicided it would eb a good idea to strip out on me. or at least a few of them did, the ones i needed to get out too. In your opinion, would it be wise to attempt to cut/remove the door without removing the torx bolts? I mean, i have heard lining the door up properly again can be a bitch.. but hten again, so far cutting the damn things off has been nearly impossible with the way everything seems to fall apart on my Heep.

Scott

Lou said:
TTIWWP.....

door_rip.gif
that is AWESOME!! i love it
:D

Shomsky462 said:
idk cauase maybe it was my yoke that broke twice right when i got to hollister and two ujoints i went through and not being able to drive my jeep till the next day trying to find a yoke and straps that would actaully work. and the fact that my friend is off doing something else when im trying to wrench on my jeep and get it running so i can actually wheel instead of watching other people around me and stuff.
it actaully wasnt mad at it i just didnt care and wanted to go wheeling and get the damn door off. i had to take the torx nuts off with a little allen key pack which took a while.
i just wanted to get it off and wheel. and the fact that i really didnt care how it came off :D

i saw that pic and i was like wait huh thats my jeep and thats excactly how it was. whered you find that pic?
hahaha great thead :D
dizzymac said:
Sounds like "Anger Management 101" is needed.
I'd lean more toward Remedial Gammar.

On my passenger side door I had to weld a nut to one of the bolts. On the drivers side I was a little smarter and hit them with PB blaster twice a day for two days. Worked great and they came out much easier.

I used a T-40 bit with a 1/4" wrench to unscrew them. If you can find a 1/4" racheting wrench, it would be well worth the money.

Back