• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can someone measure the distance between tail lights on 97+

toplessxj89

NAXJA Forum User
i want to know if my comanchee tail light will fit if i get the newer style tails. could u guys get me the measurement. or the width of the hatch betweeen the tails

54 1/4 " on my 2001

thanks guys but can u measure from the inside edge of the lights i need to know if the tailgate will fit in between them. sorry i said comanche taillight i what i ment to say was "i need to know if my comanche tailgate will fit in between my tail lights if i get 97+ tails because the old ones are way to wide."

The measurement is from the inside edge of the taillight, to the inside edge of the other taillight, taken from the middle of the lamp assembly, which appears to be vertical and the best place to measure. You have 54.25 inches between the taillights. How wide is your gate, and have you compared the different styles of taillights to see how they mount? Not sure, but I don't think they're interchangeable without some work.

do u think i would be able to trim the taillights about 1/8 of an inch in each. i know i can trim the tailgate atleast that much.
i just really want to keep a factory looking setup. thanks guys

Back