• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I stack spacers?

i wouldn't see a problem with this other than the fact that the upper inside shape of the spacer won't mate well with the bottom of another. the bottom of the spacer is shaped to seat a coil, not mate another spring. if you were able to cut the part of the spacer that seats the coil off of one and put that one on top, i think you'd be ok.

edit: on second thought i don't think it's worth the effort.... there are 3" coil spacers out there. i'd get a pair of those and cut a half inch off the back end if your 2.5" BB is that critical.

Last edited:
Get a ZJ V8 Coil and then buy a spacer. I really don't like hearing the sound of doing that. There might not be any trouble, but it just gives me the willies like blocks.

Some guy on Ebay is selling a budget boost stacking spacers to make 3"s another guy makes 3" spacers with an adl for like 70 bucks and sells them on Ebay also, check it out if your stuck on stacking.

You could do ACOS, but they're not exactly budget... I don't see a problem with it but like said, I would just do zj springs and get a single spacer. When I first read this title I thought it was gonna be something along the lines of "I want 5 inches of lift, how many spacers can I stack" lol.

I had the ZJ coils on another Jeep and I thought it made it a bit to rough of a ride, so I'd like to just do the spacer thing. Thanks for the info. I'm think of doing something like this: 3" spacer, RE full length AAL, and rear block if I need it to match the front. Am I on the right track here?

I had the ZJ coils on another Jeep and I thought it made it a bit to rough of a ride, so I'd like to just do the spacer thing. Thanks for the info. I'm think of doing something like this: 3" spacer, RE full length AAL, and rear block if I need it to match the front. Am I on the right track here?

sounds fine except for the blocks.

either that, or a bastard pack (as opposed to just an aal). an aal will sag quickly, and a shackle will cause a similar effect. factory leafs tend to sag as is. a bastard pack will stiffen it up, helping to eliminate axle wrap (rather than increasing it, like blocks would).

I may grab some leaves from some XJ spring packs and put them in. Does anyone know which ones I should use to get 2.5-3" of lift? Also, how is making a bastard pack any different than putting a full length AAL in?

I may grab some leaves from some XJ spring packs and put them in. Does anyone know which ones I should use to get 2.5-3" of lift? Also, how is making a bastard pack any different than putting a full length AAL in?
The main leaf is supposed to be good for 2", but there doesn't seem to be a standard for the additional leaves, I'd guess because of all the variables of wear & tear on the springs you'll be using. There is not much difference in the amount of effort in installing a full length aal & doing a bastard pack, except in prepping the donor springs.

I am a HUGE fan of the V8 ZJ coils and a spacer. Works well for a little over 3" of lift. The ride is GREAT too with a bumper and winch on the front.

Back