• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone convert a .jpeg into a line drawing????

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
I'm illiterate in the ways of computers for the most part. I need to get a jpeg file (logo) converted to a line drawing. Also need to convert that into a dxf or dwg file if at all possible. Any ideas on what direction I should be heading? Anybody have the ability to do this?

I'm not going to volunteer, but with PhotoShop or PhotoPaint it's not impossible. There's also apps that would convert your jpeg to wmf and even dxf. You could probably find some shareware that could do the job. It will take some tweeking but it is done all the time by professional graphics folks.

I'm not a pro, but the little Jeep in my avatar was hand-drawn in DeltaCAD over a jpeg I had snatched from the members' picture forum. That's not "converting" per se, but it did a nice job, nonetheless. DeltaCAD is available for something like $50 and will save to dxf.

Good luck

Last edited:
OneTonXJ said:
I'm illiterate in the ways of computers for the most part. I need to get a jpeg file (logo) converted to a line drawing. Also need to convert that into a dxf or dwg file if at all possible. Any ideas on what direction I should be heading? Anybody have the ability to do this?

http://delineate.sourceforge.net/

HTH

r@m

If you have access to Autocad, you can import the bitmap pix and put it in the background and then trace over it. It works great for generating quality logos.

Back