• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

camshaft issues

The Mopar cams do improve power over the late model cams even though the duration is less 'cause as I stated earlier, the overlap is less and thus the dynamic compression is more. Compression ratio calculator from Jeepstrokers: http://www.jeepstrokers.com/calculator
The dynamic comp from the renix/obd1(87-95) installed -8* is 6.36:1, installed straight up 0* is 6.82:1. The dynamic comp from the 96-01 cam is 7.47:1. Install the Mopar 28 straight up and it is 7.73:1. Install the Mopar 29 straight up and it's 7.56:1. So with the 28 you have more low-end torque and have it earlier, and it lets more air in with lift at .43" compared to the 87-95's .424" and the 96-01's dual pattern .408in/.414"ex. The downfall with the 28 is that the power drops 500rpm shy of redline(no biggie).

Oh okay. Now I see how it works.

Thanks - just hoping. I don't stop by all that often as well so I figured it was worth a shot. Curious to see some of these threads end with some resolutions.

Back