• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA settings at 6.5 of lift.

xjeepaholik

NAXJA Forum User
i lifted my jeep with adjustable arms and 4.5 coils and 2 inch spacers . i set the lowers at 17 and the uppers at 15.8 as per specs i found on the web . the problem im having now is the front shaft is vibing like a bitch and the pinion angle looks like about 90 degrees . i wanna adjust my uppers to get the angle better but was wondering if someone had the same setup and what they are running . its so bad now that i cant run my front shaft . thanks in advance for anyhelp on this matter .

Umm...some pics would be helpful. A 90* pinion angle would be pretty much impossible. Typo maybe?

Jake

I suggest an arm length between 24-42 inches. :)

ANd that is probably too much lenght on the lower, around 6.25-6.5 inches is probably a better choice.

longer arms or drop brackets would be recommended at that length

but for now, just adjust your lower arms to the wheel base you want (both the same length obviously) and then adjust the upper arms to dial in your caster and pinion angle (probably will be a tradeoff between the two).

don;t get hung up on the measurements of the arms.....just concentrate on the wheelbase and caster/pinion angle

IntrepidXJ said:
longer arms or drop brackets would be recommended at that length

but for now, just adjust your lower arms to the wheel base you want (both the same length obviously) and then adjust the upper arms to dial in your caster and pinion angle (probably will be a tradeoff between the two).

don;t get hung up on the measurements of the arms.....just concentrate on the wheelbase and caster/pinion angle
im looking for how much caster i can put into it without having anyweird tire wear or handling issues , as far as running 6.5 with short arms im happy with it . the RK springs ride softer with short arms than the stockers did with a bb . its quite cushy and im guessing i just lucked out with ride quality . anyway if i use and angle finder what angle should i be looking for before having problems . i heard that you can put a little more angle in it when using larger tires so with the 33s im running i should have little fudging room . or is it more trial and error on making this work ... it just sucks having a bad ass lifted jeep running swampers and only 2wd .:looser:

Back